Chapter Thirty-nine.

"Oh, goddess! Luna!" I heard a voice cry out. The only thing that filled my mind was happiness at that moment when someone walked in. Help had come.

I knew I couldn't expect Malik after I chased him out the way I did, but I was fine with anybody. As far as I wasn't alone, it was cool.

This time, I heard footsteps charging down the steps. People, yay!

"Iris? Iris! What wrong? What can I do?" I heard Aria's pleading voice. I tried to speak, to tell them to take me away, as far away as possible from this toxic magic. But the convulsions struck me even harder. My body shook and jerked and I chomped on my tongue even harder. At this rage, I might actually cut it off and die.

Honestly, fear gripped me. It made me feel small and incredibly vulnerable.

"What can we do? If this continues, she's going to die." Aria cried.

"Let's take her to the hospital. I'm sure doc will help," Absalom replied. His voice was laced with fear for my life. Well, that makes two of us.

"Leila, call the ambulance." He scooped me up and took me away from the bunker. I stopped seizing immediately sun touched my skin. Drawing in a large amount of air, I felt like I could finally breathe. I felt exhausted. No surprise there, my magic was working overtime to keep me alive. But even now away from the mage magic, slivers of it remained in the bloodstream, so my magic was still working to shove it away. I couldn't move, I couldn't speak. Before long, darkness came over and fell into a deep slumber.

************************************

Iris.

Iris...

Iris!

My eyes widened, and I sat up. Where was I?! I did not recognize this place! First, there was nothing, then these bursts of light appeared at random. Floating in little balls. It looked like the solar system, a large expanse of darkness with light hanging around me like I was the sun keeping them in orbit. Instead of a line away from me, the lights surrounded me and kept moving. But when I looked closely, I could see images in the bursts of light that scattered when I tried to touch it. Two girls, women actually I saw the most. Was this mother? The Moon goddess? There was no confirmation, but I just knew.

But one blink and it all went away, and I was standing in that familiar temple. With the symbols and markings, the after-effects, and the smell of dark magic. I know where this was.

"Iris, did you just try to enter my head?" That sinister but commanding voice. I did not need to turn around to know who it was, but I did anyway. So that was where I was? Those were her memories?

"Mother,"

"Don't call me that, Iris. You said it yourself. I am not your mother." She sneered. Her dark eyes narrowed. "You reek. After everything I thought you, how can you still try mage magic?"

"I am not mad. I didn't try it."

"So?"

"I don't believe I owe you an explanation," I replied, and she scoffed.

"Well, why am I here then? Why have you brought me here?"

Her scarlet-colored lips pulled up into a smile. But that was the last thing I saw before I was further plunged into darkness.

*****

The light flooding into my eyes had me squinting as they fluttered open. As I got used to it, I was able to take in my surroundings. This looked like... ah, I see I was in a hospital room. What was that dream?