Chapter fourteen.

I would not deny what I was about to do scared the shit out of me. What I was about to do was a bunch of dangerous. Why do I do it? I mean, even saving my mate's illegitimate pup, why do I do it? Well, of course, the pup had no part in this and was just suffering for its parents' sins. Was that the reason? The pup? I can't lie to myself. I was doing it because of Malik, and because I needed to get away from his intoxicating smell of mint and the forest after rain, plus that sound. I didn't trust my wolf around him.

"Iris, is something wrong?" Malik's voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Why?"

"You're not usually awake this time of the day and you've been awake for over forty minutes now," he whispered.

"Well, you creep. Why are you awake as well?" I could feel his chest reverberate as he chuckled.

"First, I know when you wake even if it's a simple stir I know it, and besides this is the normal time I wake up every morning to run," my eyes widen as I turned to face him.

"But you still aren't back when I wake up," I say, then he turned to face me and I could feel butterflies spring up in my stomach at the covered distance.

"Well love, I am the ancient Alpha, after all, I kinda have an image to keep," he stood up from the bed and suddenly it felt cold. He went over to the wardrobe and dressed. Before I could stop myself, I was staring at the way his back muscles moved as he sorted through the clothes.

"Humph!" I groaned as clothes smacked me in my face. "What is the meaning of this?"

"I would prefer love if you got dressed as well instead of ogling me."

I sat up, supporting my weight with my elbows, my head tilted to the side. "Really?"

He winked and walked into the bathroom. "Not that I mind at all," he peaked from the door.

"What? No!" I exclaimed when I realized what he was implying with the leggings and shirt.

"No?"

"Yes, no."

"I guess you leave me no choice," he said as walked toward me.

"What the hell is going on?"

Before I could react, I was in the bathroom with him. It was still huge, but not as big as the one I flooded. Oh yeah, that. My stupid mistake had me sleeping in a smaller space with an idiot. Don't get me wrong, it was massive, but the bed was surprisingly small in such a large room. I had a feeling, no, in fact, I was absolutely sure that he had something to do with it.

And don't get me started on the extremely long fight that I lost because I had tried to sleep on the floor.

"What are you thinking about?" he whispered in my ear, pulling me out of my head.

"How unnatural the size of that bed is compared to the size of the room. And how uncomfortably close you are to me right now," I shoved him, but as usual, he stayed stagnant.

"Oh? You don't like the bed?" He smirked, our current position blurring my thoughts. My wolf wriggled in pleasure. I, on the other hand, was completely mortified by his confidence, the nerve of him.

I shook my head. He had placed me on the sink and situated himself in between my legs, his powerful arms firmly wrapping my waist. I felt dizzy.

"Or perhaps you want it smaller and us closer." he pulled me to him so suddenly I had to put my palms in front of me to prevent me from landing flush against his chest. I looked up at him, ready to lash out, but the smug look he gave me told me he was just pushing my buttons to get a reaction out of me. I wouldn't fall for his antics, nope.