Chapter Twenty five

"So we're just going to leave her here?" Daisy asked. "But she's mother's favorite," she whispered the last part.

"Shut up! Daisy," Rose yelled.

"What? I'm right!"

"How can she be mother's favorite when she is destined to end us all? In fact, I believe I'm helping out here, weed out the problem before we need to cut down the tree!"

What is she talking about? This end thing again? How come everybody knows about this and I don't?

I needed to get out from under this tree, and get to the bottom of this talk about an end. But how do I get up from under? There has to be a spell. Then it came to me. If I could get a shadow, then I can pull myself out from under here. I made a small light photon and sent it up while those two were arguing. It needed to be timed perfectly. I kept giving juice and power, making it grow, but not too fast. That would be too noticeable when it seemed big and bright enough to look like a small moon. I drew it back down.

And just in that moment, they noticed it getting bright. It exploded, and I got a shadow cast on me, attaching it to the tree in front of me. I pulled myself from underneath the tree. Of course, it hurt like hell. What else would it do? But I could not be more grateful for my ability to heal.

"Now where were we?" I stared at their shocked faces. Rose immediately put on her poker face, which usually gave nothing away.

"I am going to love hurting you," she got into her fighting stance.

I smiled, "don't be gentle though you know I can take it".

And we ran towards each other, lunging.

************************************

I growled as I landed on the stairs. What the hell were they made of? When did marble become so hard? I had a lot of broken bones. The door to the pack house was not where it should be, as I looked up to check for Rose. I got up immediately and ran outside to see her bloodied and battered.

"Can handle impact, sister?" I smiled, descending the stairs,.

She glared at me. "Come and find out?"

"Like hell I'm coming close to you," I scoffed.

"Oh, I see you're still scared to go one on one with me."

"I just have common sense, besides I am still better than you when it comes to overall strength." I pushed the small knife I swiped into the back pocket of my sweats.

"Too bad then your sense is not going to help you here," before for I knew what was going on I was tugged forward by this incredible force into her open hands, which squeezed hard against my neck. Her hands kept me suspended. My feet weren't touching the floor, and she was squeezing so hard. I couldn't cast because I couldn't speak.

"Not so tough now, huh?" She spat at me, "mother said to tell you that she wishes she could do this herself, but well, such is life and good riddance"

What did she mean? Did they, by chance, find a way to kill me? I realized as I started to lose air, I can be alive without breathing! That must be how, no wonder, she went for my neck. It all makes sense they must have found out about the little stunt Malik pulled when I left with the mark. That means mother knows I've met with the moon goddess. I underestimated her.

But now Rose has grossly underestimated me. I grabbed the knife and tried to stab her, but before I could, I was on the floor clutching my neck when I saw a massive black wolf plowing into Rose.

Malik.

I got up immediately. I saw the wolf being pushed off her with magic just as I had done the night before. I stopped him before he made impact with the side of the pack house. And sent her into the nearest tree.

She fell forward, vomiting blood. It was hard on, her I could tell. Malik was already running towards her again and I could see a few other wolves as well.

"Stop!" That sounded extremely familiar, Daisy? This felt like Déjàvu. She came out from thin air. Tulip.

They both appeared with a blonde she wolf in hand. Tulip made a small light blade and held it by her neck. I recognized her that was the wolf Rose was pretending to be.

All the wolves had halted when they saw the fugitive. I walked forward, Malik beside me.

"Of course Rose, I should have known you'd bring back up."

"Oh, does this seem fair to you, Iris? A whole pack against three witches?"

My brows furrowed. "Don't patronize me Tulip, I know Poppy is here"

"Well, you're right, but we know a fight we can't win," she replied.

I smiled and nodded. "I guess you've seen what you needed to. Let the wolf go and be on your way," tulip raised her brows, "I won't stop you," I finished.

" What right do you even have to bargain anyway" she asked. "I have the she wolf "

"And I have your lives right at this moment," I replied "don't think I don't know that Rose can't go through the portal all the way to the west in that condition, and I'm pretty sure I can figure out where you guys are going to portal to, am I right Poppy?"

"You don't know anything, Iris, so just shut it," Poppy spat, appearing as well. I smiled.

"What is she talking about?" Tulip asked.

"I'm saying I know the extent of Poppy's ability. I know the extent of all of yours." I folded my arms.

"Besides, I want you to go back and give a message to mother for me. Tell her that if she continues to send you low-budget witches, I will fulfill the prophecy earlier than I should and touch a hair on the wolf's head, and you're all dead." As if on cue, Malik's growl reverberated behind me. It pushed me, giving me more confidence.

"And how do we know we can trust you?" Daisy asked.

"That's a good question Daisy, you can't."

"Okay then, we are taking the she wolf then," Tulip announced.

"Like hell you are, " Malik's wolf stated behind me and with lightning speed he barrelled into Tulip and the she-wolf ran towards me. They sent Malik flying again, only this time I wasn't quick enough. He broke into a tree.

"This isn't over, we'll be back," Poppy said creating a portal. Pushing Tulip in, while Daisy grabbed a passed out Rose and pulled her in. They disappeared. The she-wolf beside fainted as they left.

Two other pack members got her up and took her to the pack hospital. I ran to Malik. My heart broke when I saw the way his wolf was distressed. His leg was not facing the right way.

"Oh god," I gasped.

"It's just my leg, don't worry," he said.

"How can I not worry! You got hurt because of me, just like I said. How could you be so reckless? Running towards three witches like that, what did you expect to happen?" Before I knew what was happening, tears were rolling down my eyes and my whole cheek was wet.

"Iris" he whispered.

"Shush, don't speak." I shifted the leg back to place and gently pressed on it. It was healed in no time. Malik didn't make any sound. He just laid there looking at me, sobbing. I will admit I was also ashamed of myself, but I couldn't help it.

"Luna?" I looked up at the boy that handed me clothes for Malik. I nodded and took them, giving them to him.

I was facing the other way, waiting, when enormous arms engulfed me from behind, pulling me into a warm hug. My wolf purred, and I unintentionally snuggled closer.

"We have to talk Iris," immediately he said those words. I immediately dreaded them. Shit was getting real.

****