Thirty-six.

After a long night of more torturing dreams of Malik and his past lovers, my eyes fluttered open slowly, adjusting to the bright light spilling in from the window. Rubbing my eyes, I sat up, and as usual, Malik was already long gone.

But I did not need to mind link him to know where he was. The pack mind link was alive and busy with chatter. It surprised me how much I even slept through it. Malik warned me at first I would hear everything, but eventually, I'll get a hang of how to control it. Plus, this was the first time I would be a part of a large group of voices. I had never been in a pack, a coven yes. But a pack member? Nope, so all new experiences.

I got up and trudged to the bathroom after taking a quick shower, pulling on sweats and a tank top. I slipped into some comfortable sneakers and left my room. The pack house was always lively and busy these days, well you can say it's my fault. I did destroy all their houses and forced them to move in. But come how can you have such a large house and have only the Alpha stay in it? How lonely and sad.

Different wolves said 'hi' or 'hello' or the most common 'morning Luna'. Some others just nodded. Talon, being one of them, was not surprising at all.

By the time I reached the kitchen, I was already tired from all the smiling and hand waving and was actually thankful for the wolves that just nodded. Talon is not included.

"Luna! Come join us," Naomi called out to me with a bowl in her hands. I smiled and went to sit on a stool by the large Island.

"So, what's up with the guys?" I asked, trying to understand the situation.

"They are getting some of our usual support systems for situations like this," my brows went up in question.

"I don't know what it is exactly," Avery shrugged. "Honestly, I didn't even think we had defenses against witches. I guess the benefits of having an Alpha that has lived so many lives."

Support systems? I don't know why that brought a sudden chill to my spine.

Hey. I mind-linked Malik.

You've been awake for a while. I take it you've heard something new that you want answers to?

Of course. And I take it you're slightly offended I didn't say something immediately I was up?

He growled. I smiled.

Are you still mad at me?

Depends. Are you ready to talk to me about your mates? I had another dream or rather, dreams. I know more names.

Iris. He growled in warning.

Fine! Fine, I'm not sure you have the right to be mad right now. But I'll let it go because I'd rather see your ugly face when we argue.

Ugly face? Come on, babe. You and I both know you can't look away from this ugly face.

I rolled my eyes, with all confidence now that I was aware he couldn't see me.

Whatever, the wolves said you were out getting support systems?

Yeah, a few things we have defending against magic, just some tools to ward off spells.

I'd like to see them.

Sure, I'll be back soon.

"Luna!" My eyes snapped up.

"Hmmm?"

"Are you eating bacon with your pancakes?" Naomi asked.

"Oh, don't worry about me. I'll eat when Malik gets back." I smiled.