Chapter 2

"Zindagi ki raahon ko aasan kar diya hai usne,
Chhod kar Hume,
Aabad kar diya hai usne..."
~Jayanti Hari

Author's Pov

One boy was sitting on the bed with a very painful expression on his face.

One girl was standing and looking out of the window.

"U know u should have trust me. U could have share me ur problems." The boy said in a very painful voice, a broken one.

"U never thought me as a friend? For the fucks sake can't u tell me about ur illness?" He roared. Thank God there was no one in the house or they will come to know about her?

"Ra...Rahul I m sorry... it's not what u r thinking. U know I don't want to hurt u. I m sorry." She came towards her friend.

"For God sake Samaira. Hurt? Yes. I m hurt. But by ur actions. Best Friend is for what? Keeping each others secrets. But u never considered me as one. I m a fool. I m the biggest fool here." He said. His eyes are showing how hurt he was.

He can't imagine. His best friend didn't told him about her disease.

That day when she said she was going to Simran's house for science project. He found that suspicious. Becoz he know she is in commerce stream.

He followed her. And get to know that she has CANCER.

After he went to his house he cried silently.

Not knowing what to do.

That's why he refused to have dinner with her from her mother's handmade food.

He can't imagine that ever in his nightmare too.

"Rahul I'm sorry. But please don't say that again. U know... I don't want to hurt u. Please try to understand Rahul. Please...." she pleaded.

"It's ok. But we should not loose hope Peeku. There are very good doctors they will definitely help us. And I m... I m sure u will become the old Peeku." He said tears are making their way to come out but he wiped them just not to show her how weak he was feeling right now.

"But Rahul what will happen when my parents come to know that? They will not bear this pain Rahul. They will break after hearing this news." She said crying.

"They will not. I m sure. See I will tell them that we r going abroad for studies. And I m taking u with me. After 2 years we will return here. And no one comes to know about that. U know what I never felt proud of being a billionaire but today I m thanking him for giving me those money. From that I can save u. U r my best friend. I don't want to lose u Peeku." He said with a smile on his face and tears in his eyes.

There was a sound of bell ring on the main door.

Samaira wiped her tears and went down to open the door.

Her mother and her father came they were very happy their smile can tell that.

"What happened pa? U look happy?" Samaira said.

"Why? Can't I be happy?" He said and made a cute face.

"No. I mean u r looking very happy today. That's why I asked." She replied.

"Vo actually. I will tell u but for now come to the living area." Her mother replied.

Sam made her way towards the kitchen and took two glass of water for her parents.

Rahul also came downstair.
Looking dull. Yet smiling.
But his smile shows the pain in his eyes.

"Now tell me what u r saying?" Sam said excited.