02 ➳ DEAD EYES STILL GLIMMER

════SHINE?════

════SHINE?════

[3019, South Korea, Seoul]

Taehyung heaved out a sigh as he leaned up from the makeshift bed he made last night. He could not dream anymore. And if he did, they were nightmares. Not about his family anymore. Instead, they were of Shine being torn apart by those abominations. Taehyung clawed at his head as it pounded like a whore's heart. He wished he had some painkillers but those were gone a long time ago.

He did not want to leave this place. His head hurt, his bones ached, and his muscles tightened when he tried to get up. Taehyung hauled himself up anyways. He had to keep following the clues that he had found. He packed his assets in his old backpack and slung it over his now broad shoulder. Taehyung placed a chair against the oak door when he exited his room to ensure it would not be overrun. Then, Taehyung walked around for hours in search of another clue until he finally saw something.

"Here it is again," Taehyung murmured to himself, readjusting his backpack on his shoulders. He extended a long, svelte fingertip and touched the gray-blue paint that was in the form of an eye. It was very sloppily drawn. It was old and weathered from the years that it had been painted. Taehyung put his back up against the wall and slid down. He opened a can of backed beans. He had gotten used to eating them without cooking them. He was limited to only one can of food a day and it was almost noon.

"Fuck!" Taehyung dropped most of his meal on the ground when a loud noise startled him.

A zombie slowly stumbled towards Taehyung. Taehyung was motionless, he remained completely still until it was necessary for him to leave. Calmly, he set his finished food on the ground and got up. Taehyung threw the can at the disgusting being and waltzed off. He was unfazed by the walking dead. They seemed to continue their endless search as Taehyung was. Taehyung shoved his hands in his pockets so they would not become red with cold. He realized too late that someone was running up to him. Taehyung received a clean punch to the jaw that sent him down. Hurriedly, Taehyung crawled away from his attacker.

"What the hell, Namjoon! Stop it, Namjoon!" a person ran up to protect Taehyung. The unknown person's hands flared out in a protective manner. The man who punched Taehyung kept trying to move towards him.

"He's an outsider in our territory!"

"I didn't know! I'll leave."

"Namjoon, I know him!" a quiet hush crept over them. The tall man who Taehyung presumed was 'Namjoon' pulled out his gun swiftly and aimed the matte weapon to his head.

"Do you know him!?" dimples were deeply pressed to the side of his mouth as he berated. Taehyung looked at the back of the small man before him. He did not know anybody. He had not talked to anyone after this happened. The first thing Taehyung did was look at his eyes. And they sparked Taehyung's memory.

"Shine?" queried a wary Taehyung, sitting up straighter. Namjoon shoved him down roughly.

"What the fuck is 'Shine'?"