09 ➳ DEAD EYES STILL GLIMMER

════FESTIVAL════

════FESTIVAL════

[Two weeks later]

"Look at that," Jeongguk ran ahead of the group. He was pointing towards an old Ferris wheel. His beautiful eyes lit up and reminded Taehyung of the shine he had when they were kids. Jeongguk looked so happy right now. "Can we go in?"

"I don't think that's a good idea," Namjoon looked around. There was nothing in sight that could bear any particular malice to them.

"Oh, c'mon, they were kids when this started. A little fun won't hurt them." Yoongi was on Jeongguk and Taehyung's side. Jeongguk ran over to grab Namjoon's hand.

"Please, Joonie! Pretty please," Jeongguk begged. Taehyung nods his head. Jeongguk skipped over to grab Taehyung's hand. The small boy dragged the other through the rundown festival. There were small stalls were people were supposed to win prizes. Jeongguk skipped over to one where you had to knock down the bottles. He leaped over the counter. He popped back up when Taehyung came to the booth.

"Hello, sir. Would you like to play a game?" Taehyung laughed at him, shaking his head. Hoseok jumped over the counter with Jeongguk.

"Go back over there," Hoseok prepped to play his role. Jeongguk came to stand beside Taehyung. "Would you like to play a game?"

"Yes!"

Hoseok set up the game. The three bottles were stacked in a pyramid and he gave Jeongguk and Taehyung three heavy carnival balls. Jeongguk tried his first shot. He missed completely. Taehyung bit his lip to stifle an outburst of laughter. His last shot was the closest and he still missed by a lot. Taehyung could not contain his composure and bursts out into a laughing spree.

"You try and do better."

"Okay." Hoseok handed Taehyung three but Jeongguk took them away. Taehyung stared at him in disbelief. "Why?"

"No. You made fun of me so you just get one. And besides, you have that zombie vision or whatever." Taehyung rolled his eyes at him. He grabbed the ball and fixated his gaze on the bottles. He would have to hit one of the bottom-middle ones. Taehyung decided to throw. And the whole pyramid toppled over. Taehyung looked over at Jeongguk and grinned. The ebony-haired boy shoved the elder playfully. "Jerk," Jeongguk pouted. Taehyung laughed. Hoseok rummaged around in the back. He returned with a stuffed bunny.

"It's a little damaged, but here." Taehyung grabbed the pink plush toy and handed it to Jeongguk.

"Is this because I'm pathetic?" asked Jeongguk, taking the stuffy he had decided to name 'Cooky'. It had a missing ear. Taehyung shrugged.

"Or I think you're cute," Taehyung grinned stuffing his hands in his pockets, walking away. Jeongguk followed after him. He stood before Taehyung causing him to stop abruptly.

"You can't just say that and walk away."

"I did," Taehyung retorted. Jeongguk's hands on his firm chest kept him from leaving.

"I bet I could get one of these running." They both glance over at Namjoon. The tall man was standing in front of a power box. "They have labels."

"I doubt they run on solar energy," Taehyung assumed, walking over to Namjoon. The older man rubbed his chin. "The power hasn't worked in five years." He kicked something next to his right leg.

"They run on generators. And this one still has some gas. So..." He clapped his hands together and turned on his heels to look at all of us gathered behind him. "What do you guys want to do first?"

"You cheater!" hollered Yoongi. Thirty minutes later, after cleaning out they ring; they were all in bumper cars. Taehyung had to say, everyone turned back into toddlers. They were hitting each other with the cars. They ignored the rules that were weathered away by storms. It just felt really great. It felt as though there was no apocalypse. Not when they went on the Ferris wheel. It was only when the gas went out that everything came crashing back into reality. Thankfully not while on the Ferris wheel.

"That was so much fun," Jeongguk plopped down on the ground. Taehyung looked down at him. The adults had gone to see if they could find another generator. Perhaps they wanted this to continue as much as Jeongguk and Taehyung wanted.

"This is dangerous."

"Now you're just starting to sound like Namjoon." Taehyung stuffed his hands in his pockets nervously. Jeongguk sat up.

"I'm just thinking about your safety," Taehyung whispered. Jeongguk smiled, standing up. He pulled Taehyung over behind one of the prize kiosks. "Jeongguk—"

"Relax. We'll be fine."

"Yeah, that's what you said at the mall." Jeongguk laughed, sliding down against the wall.

"Just relax. Don't you have heightened senses? You'll know when we are in any danger. So sit with me."

Jeongguk—"

"Please," he pleaded, sticking his bottom lip out. Taehyung sighed and gave in. Taehyung sat beside him, looking around. He did not want to screw anything up about this whole delivering the cure to the government. Jeongguk leaned over to lift Taehyung's sleeve up. He was looking where the bite used to be. It had healed perfectly without leaving a scar. "I guess this is where you're the lucky one." Taehyung now lifted Jeongguk's sleeve. He brought his scar to his lips and placed a feathery kiss upon the dark mark. When he looked back at the younger, the boy's cheeks where a cherry hue.

"What are we?"

Taehyung could feel his hot breath bouncing off his skin. Jeongguk pulled his arm away.

"I don't know?" Jeongguk ran his fingertips gently across the bumps of his scar. "I mean, normal terms just feel weird in this situation. I do care about you. And you are special to me. More than anyone else has ever been."

"Well, you're the same to me."

"Then we'll just be each other's special someone," Jeongguk said, nonchalantly. Taehyung looked at him; Jeongguk's face was flushed red. Jeongguk kissed him. Taehyung was surprised when he put his legs on either side of his hips. Taehyung grabbed Jeongguk's face in his hands. This boy was a really good kisser. Then again, Taehyung had never kissed anyone besides him. Taehyung felt Jeongguk's hands creep inside his shirt, his fingers gliding across Taehyung's defined abdominal muscles.

"Jeongguk, Taehyung!" they broke apart at the sound of the adults. They were looking for the two.

"We should go back," Taehyung whispered. Jeongguk nodded. Taehyung helped the younger up. Jeongguk began walking away. "Gguk," called Taehyung.

Jeongguk hummed. Taehyung handed him the stuffed bunny. Jeongguk smiled and embraced Taehyung in a hug. "Thank you." They went back to the others.

●¤¤¤¤●◇◇◇◇●¤¤¤¤●◇◇◇◇●¤¤¤¤●

How was it?

These two just love to kiss, don't they? 

____꒰࿐chapter question:࿐ྂ꒱____
Do you want smut? If yes, next chapter is going to get a lil steamy.😏 You have been warned.

Please remember to vote and comment your thoughts.

STREAM: MOTS:7 FOR CLEAR SKIN!

안녕히 가세요, 모니 보라해요~💜