05 ➳ DEAD EYES STILL GLIMMER

════WARMTH════

════WARMTH════

"Jeongguk?" cried Taehyung. He sat up panicked when his hand extended to Jeongguk's side of the bed and the latter was not there. Taehyung slipped out of bed to figure out where the boy could have gone. He searched the entire store they had slept in and the boy was not there. It scared Taehyung to think of possible scenarios. There were zombies around here. If he were to be—

"No!" Taehyung heard Jeongguk scream at the top of his lungs. He ran to loom over the railing. Jeongguk was tackled to the ground with a zombie on top of him. Taehyung ran towards the stairs. As he glided down the staircase he heard a scream of agony. Shit. Taehyung lunged at the zombie on top of Jeongguk. He took the decaying creatures face and began spamming its head against the cold tile. The zombie continued to whimper, convulsing like a rabid animal before giving one last involuntary twitch laying comatose, Taehyung turned back to look at Jeongguk.

"Are you okay?" Jeongguk cowered away from Taehyung.

"Don't touch me!" he wrapped his jacket tighter around his body.

"Wait. Let me see if you're okay."

"I'm fine!" Taehyung went to assist the young boy. Jeongguk completely ignored his hand. This was a complete switch from the happy and go-lucky boy that had been with him yesterday.

"Why did you leave the shop?" He was walking up the stairs. Taehyung grabbed his wrist to stop him. "Jeongguk, you could have been bit—" Taehyung stopped. When he had pulled Jeongguk to a stop, it pulled his jacket down to reveal what he was hiding. Right above his collarbone was a bite that extended to the peak of his shoulder. The blood gushed from the wound and bubbled as it mingled with oxygen. Taehyung could see the indent of every tooth. Jeongguk pulled his jacket up to conceal it.

"It's not what you think."

"You're bit," Taehyung went over to hold his face gently between his hands. "Maybe we can find something. Maybe we can cut off the infection. We can ... we can—"

"It doesn't matter, Taehyung."

"What the fuck do you mean 'it doesn't matter'?" Jeongguk forced Taehyung's forehead down to rest against his.

"I mean exactly that. It doesn't matter. Trust me." Taehyung could feel his rage railing within himself.

"Bullshit!" He broke away from Jeongguk. Jeongguk's hand went up to apply pressure to the bite. "I finally got you back! I was finally able to see you. Then you go and get yourself bit!" Taehyung turned back to him, dropping his head in his hands. He heard Jeongguk's soft footsteps moving towards him.

"Tae—"

"No, Jeongguk!" Taehyung began pacing in front of him. "I'll get bit too. Then we'll go out together."

"It won't work," it was a soft whisper.

"Why not—" Taehyung whirled around to look at Jeongguk and stopped the sight. Taehyung's hand went to touch where his sleeve had been pulled up. His svelte fingers gently glide over the bumps of the raised and lighter skin with ease. "When did this happen?"

"A week after I left you."

Taehyung clasped his hand over the scarred bite mark. "It scared me. I wasn't being smart and I still had a fire going and it bit me," Jeongguk explained. Taehyung lifted his shirt and found another on his ribs as well. "That was its second bite. I'm sorry, T—" Taehyung interrupted him by placing his lips to his. Taehyung was glad Jeongguk was alright. He did not know what he would do if he was not.

"How many times?" asked Taehyung after breaking the kiss.

"This will be my fourth time." Jeongguk's hand slipped into Taehyung's, "I need to ask you a favor."

"Anything," Taehyung whispered, kissing Jeongguk's knuckles. Jeongguk produced a knife from his pocket. "I need you to cut it so it doesn't look like a bite."

"No. I can't hurt you." His hand tightened its grip on Taehyung's.

"You won't. I promise," Jeongguk slowly lead Taehyung over to a bench. Taehyung sat down beside him uneasily. When Jeongguk handed him the knife, he gave Taehyung's hand a reassuring squeeze. He trusted the older. Jeongguk tugged the collar of his shirt down. Taehyung raised the knife to rest against the worn skin.

"How does it feel, to get bit?"

"You can feel the infection. I can constantly feel it. It's like a warm ball of energy in my heart that's waiting to pump into my body. Namjoon says that I need to limit the amount of times I get bit because it could mean that one more bite could activate it," Jeongguk explained. Taehyung let the knife pierce Jeongguk's delicate skin slowly. The boy had no reaction. Taehyung began altering the shape.

"How did you feel after the first time?"

"Scared," Jeongguk answered hastily. "I was waiting to change and it never happened. That's when Namjoon found me. He's in the military and he said that the last contact he had with the CDC was telling him to bring possible cures to a hospital in Busan. But we stopped. He never told me why." Taehyung finished on his wound and handed Jeongguk back his knife.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there."

"I'm sorry I left," Jeongguk said as he came within proximity to peck Taehyung's lips. However, Taehyung turned his head away.

"We should go. We need to get that patched up." He helped Jeongguk up. The ebony-haired boy smiled thankfully. Then they walked back, sneaking into the fence and trying to get home.

"Where the hell were you two!?" Taehyung looked at the silhouette of Namjoon before he stepped into the morning light.

"I got bit," Jeongguk announced sheepishly.

"God damn it. Now he knows."

"I would have told Taehyung anyways. I trust him." Taehyung could not help the smile that spontaneously spread across his features.

"Let's get you to a doctor," Namjoon took Jeongguk into his arms. Taehyung saw the worry that of a father engraved on his features. "No going out today. You have to wait twenty hours before contact with anyone else." Jeongguk waved back at Taehyung as he was carted away by Namjoon.

Taehyung felt the warmth in his heart at Jeongguk's gorgeous smile.

●¤¤¤¤●◇◇◇◇●¤¤¤¤●◇◇◇◇●¤¤¤¤●

How was it?

Tae really cares for Gguk, uwu~
Also, BTS' Black Swan performance at The Late Night Show with James, spectacular. When they played hid and seek it was so cute, they seemed quite comfortable in that interview and I loved it.

____꒰࿐chapter question:࿐ྂ꒱____
How did you feel when Gguk got bit and why do you think he hasn't turned into an abomination yet?

Please remember to vote and comment your thoughts.

안녕히 가세요, 모니 보라해요~💜