03 ➳ DEAD EYES STILL GLIMMER

════ASSHOLE════

════ASSHOLE════

"So what's the story about you and Pet?" an unfamiliar man came to talk to Taehyung. He had long chestnut blonde-highlighted wavy locks that fell just below his brows and parted down the middle, a sinewy build, and a deep raspy voice.

"Pet?"

"That's what we're supposed to call him. We aren't supposed to use his name. And we certainly aren't supposed to kiss him," the stranger whispered the last part to Taehyung. The charcoal-haired man's eyes splayed wide with panic. "Don't worry. I wasn't going to tell no one. I have a sweetheart of my own that I have to think about." Taehyung averted his gaze towards Namjoon who stood at the front of the clique. Taehyung extended his hand to the stranger.

"I'm Kim Taehyung."

"Jeong Hoseok. It's nice to meet you." They shook hands politely.

"Namjoon's really strict about Jeongguk, isn't he?" Hoseok nodded.

"He's hoping one day that Jeongguk will love him. But Jeongguk want's someone of his own age, a word of advice?" Taehyung hummed his acknowledge to him. "Don't go anywhere alone with Namjoon. He's already labeled you as a threat for Jeongguk's affections."

"He's not wrong. I want to get to know Jeongguk better. In a way, Jeongguk saved me. I'm not expecting him to fall in love with me. But being able to say 'hello' or 'good morning' everyday would be enough." Hoseok looked at Taehyung with a fond smile tailored on his cherry lips.

"I like you, Taehyung. You're honest. You don't expect fairytales to come true. You're not making anything up to please yourself."

"Well, thank you."

They had to run to catch up with the rest of the group. And that was when Taehyung heard Namjoon gossiping about Jeongguk.

"Why didn't you let Pet come?"

"Jeongguk doesn't need to be out here. Besides, he's the only person in town with a feminine body," Namjoon elbowed his friend in a joking manner. They both snickered. Taehyung felt his jaw clench in annoyance. Taehyung had never wanted to beat someone so hard in all his life. He wanted to knock his teeth out and slam his gum to clamp down on his tongue by kicking his lower jaw up. Taehyung disliked the man  loathed him. And all his manifesting thoughts echoed his abhorrence.

"There's plenty of woman in town, Namjoon."

"I don't want to deal with the drama. I don't want a woman who holds a gun. Jeongguk feels like a woman. A flat chested woman with a dick, but still," he rhapsodized. Taehyung remained silent and so did Hoseok. "Hoseok knows what I mean. It's different to pork another guy. They know what you like and they get off quicker."

Taehyung's hands coiled into firsts and as though he had been reading his mind, Hoseok's hand came to hold his. He was trying to calm Taehyung. Namjoon that chauvinistic pig deserved anything bad that was coming his way. He caused Taehyung's blood to boil in addled laughter.