06 ➳ DEAD EYES STILL GLIMMER

════STORM════

════STORM════

Taehyung could not contain his coughing spree. It felt as though his lungs were on fire. Taehyung swore could taste the coppery blood pool in his mouth, grazing his teeth and soaking his tongue. He heard the rain pounding against the glass as his heartbeat rapidly tried to sync the rhythm. Taehyung gripped the sheets to his body as a painful pulse coursed through his body. He felt as though he were dying.

"You okay, Taehyung?"

Taehyung could not pinpoint to who the voice belonged. He could not even open his eyes. The light turned on and he cowered from the source. It hurt even though his eyes were shut. Taehyung felt a cold hand come to rest on his forehead. He sighed in relief. That felt really good.

"He's running a fever. Joon, what's wrong?" Taehyung now recognized the voice as Jeongguk. The light turned off.

"We'll find out in a minute. We need to get to the storm shelter."

"They won't let him in if he's sick. Please." The hand was taken off Taehyung's forehead. Taehyung released a pathetic whimper. "He's hurting." There was a long period of silence between the two where Taehyung's coughing was the only thing to break the silence.

"Wait here." Taehyung heard someone leave the room. The hand returned to his forehead.

"It's alright, Silver. I'm not going to leave you again." Taehyung's only response was a fit of coughs. He felt Jeongguk lay down beside him. Jeongguk brought Taehyung's hand to rest on his chest. Taehyung gripped him tightly. Jeongguk was so cold. "You're shaking," Jeongguk tried to move away.

"No, please," Taehyung's grip of him tightened weakly.

"What's going on, Tae?" said other shrugged. Jeongguk tilted Taehyung's head up and kissed him. The pain seemed to lessen in those moments. Even though Taehyung knew it was only an illusion and it would evaporate as soon as the kiss ended. Taehyung enjoyed every second. Jeongguk ended the kiss with a giggle. "You're sweaty." Taehyung shook his head, a small smile forming on his lips. The door opened.

"Okay, I have this. Let's see if it controls his coughing." Taehyung sat up by both Namjoon and Jeongguk. Taehyung forced his eyes open. It did not hurt anymore. Jeongguk gasped, falling back onto the floor.

"What?" Taehyung's voice was hoarse. Both Namjoon and Jeongguk kept their hands to themselves and stared at Taehyung with sprawled eyes. Jeongguk looked up at Namjoon and Namjoon narrowed his eyes at Taehyung. Namjoon's fingers brush temptingly against the barrel of the handgun bulging from his waistband. Swiftly, he drew the handgun from its holster; he held the revolver by the barrel aiming it toward Taehyung's head.

"No!" Jeongguk came to sit in front of Taehyung and knocked the gun away.

"Jeongguk, get out of the way!" hollered Namjoon, his gun returning to point at Taehyung. Jeongguk acted as a human shield. "We don't know what he's becoming."

"You didn't know what I was becoming! Yet you decided to take a chance. Let's take a chance on him." Namjoon hesitated. Then he threw a pair of sunglasses at Taehyung.

"Put them on. We have to get to the storm shelter," he holstered his weapon. Jeongguk stood up and turned to assist Taehyung. The charcoal-haired man felt stronger now, much stronger. He stood up by himself. Jeongguk gave him a forced smile. Taehyung went to splash water on his face in the bathroom. However, he was yanked out before he could see himself in the mirror. Jeongguk held his face in his hands.

"No mirrors. Not yet."

Taehyung put on the jacket Jeongguk handed him and then the sunglasses. Jeongguk pulled Taehyung's hood up. "Let's go," he held Taehyung's hand. Namjoon lead them through the taciturnity of the outdoors, they were hit by a gust of wind and rain, to the shelter. They made their way to a corner. No one was around. Jeongguk took off Taehyung's glasses. Taehyung wished he could see his reflection in his eyes. But there seemed to be no other emotion except for fascination. Namjoon stood beside them with his back against the wall and his hand dangerously close to the matte weapon bulging from his waistband. He was prepared to defend Jeongguk at any moment. Taehyung went to look around but Jeongguk stopped him. He smiled softly.

"How are you feeling?"

"Better," Taehyung replied honestly. Ever since he had opened his eyes, he has felt much better. Jeongguk's hand came to his forehead. Taehyung could feel his normal body temperature. He had not been cold at all. Taehyung's body had been hotter than normal. Yet, he did not feel a fever anymore.

"How does your body feel?" His hand came to rest on Taehyung's cheek. Taehyung contemplated.

"Stronger."

That had been the first word to manifest his cerebrum. He could feel how strong his body had become when he would flex a certain muscle. And he could feel everything. It was as though his senses were extremely hypersensitive and ample. Like a dust particle falling on his shoulder would feel ticklish. And his eyes sight, Taehyung could see every flaw in the wall or even the small pores on Jeongguk's face. The tiny beads of dirt that had hazardous rain did not wash away or Jeongguk's eyebrows knitting together in worry. "What?"

"That's just the thing. I don't know." Jeongguk looked behind Taehyung. The older could tell he was looking at Namjoon for advice. Taehyung heard a mock gun sound. There was no doubt that said weapon was not pointed at the back of his head. Jeongguk turned back to Taehyung. "I won't let anything happen to you. Just please understand that," he sighed, leaning back against the wall. Taehyung looked over his posture. Jeongguk was worried about the older.

"What's wrong with me, Jeongguk?"

The boy tensed at the question. Taehyung could hear his heartbeat quicken and heard the blood pumping through his veins. Taehyung could hear Namjoon behind him and he could hear his heartbeat as well. He was breathing just as fast. Taehyung could hear the person across the room scratching their arm and the undeniable sound of Hoseok's voice talking to someone else in hushed tones.

"I don't know," Jeongguk whispered.

"Why won't you look at me?"

Jeongguk had been avoiding eye contact the whole time they were in the shelter. He connected his gaze. Taehyung saw the discomfort engraved on his features. He came to touch the area around Taehyung's eyes.

"I can't call you 'Silver' at the moment."

●¤¤¤¤●◇◇◇◇●¤¤¤¤●◇◇◇◇●¤¤¤¤●

How was it?

____꒰࿐chapter question:࿐ྂ꒱____
What do you think is wrong with Tae and why can't Gguk call him 'Silver' anymore?

Please remember to vote and comment your thoughts. (I probably sound annoying that I keep asking, sorry about that. It's just that some people read and don't vote).

안녕히 가세요, 보라해요~💜