08 ➳ DEAD EYES STILL GLIMMER

════DOCTOR════

════DOCTOR════

"I don't feel comfortable with this," said Jeongguk anxiously, fiddling with his fingers. Taehyung watched Namjoon holster his gun. They were preparing to go to the group Doctor. Jeongguk was afraid that Taehyung might be killed.

"He just needs a checkup. Something to prove he's still human."

Taehyung looked up from his lap at that word - human. Could he still be called that? He told Namjoon and Jeongguk his thoughts after getting bit. That he could hear the zombie's thoughts and that Taehyung's own echoed their worst thoughts. Namjoon was worried. He was worried that Taehyung would bare malice to Jeongguk and risk the cure. However, Taehyung hastily explained that none of his inhuman thoughts were directed towards Jeongguk. They were aimed at the others. Still, Taehyung did not wish to risk it. He contemplated about leaving in the middle of the night. Seeing as he did not sleep anymore.

"Tae." said a disembodied voice. Said male turned towards the boy who uttered his name. Jeongguk stood right in front of him, holding Taehyung's large hands in his. They were all alone. "What are you thinking?" queried Jeongguk innocently. Taehyung sighed. He needed to be honest.

"I was ... what if I left?" Jeongguk's eyes sprawl wide, he shook his head frantically.

"Please don't think that. I just got you back. I just found you," he beseeched, resting his forehead against Taehyung's, his hands resting on Taehyung's broad shoulders. "I don't care what you are. I don't care what you do. You're still the same man who took care of me all those years ago. No matter if your eyes are red or you want to bite people," laughed Jeongguk at his impartial jester and Taehyung could not refuse to join in.

"Gguk..." Taehyung's hand reached out to caress Jeongguk's chin.

"We still need to know what's going on. And Dr. Jeong can help us. Even if it's to tell us there's nothing wrong." Taehyung chuckled humorously at the last statement.

"Nothing wrong?" said Taehyung pushing Jeongguk away and began to pace. "I don't fucking bleed, I don't feel any pain, I can see and hear everything - I fucking thought about taking a bite out of a man yesterday. There's something. I shouldn't be alive."

"Don't say that," Jeongguk came to grab Taehyung's arm.

"No!" Taehyung moved away. "I'm an abomination. I'm one of them yet still retained my human thoughts, my feelings, just like they have when they're not blinded by hunger. What happens when I'm hungry? What if I can't stomach normal food? I'll just become a walking, talking zombie." Taehyung blinked ferociously, hot tears cascading his well-defined features.

"If you're an abomination, then so am I," said Jeongguk, wiping Taehyung's tears with his sleeve. "We both shouldn't be alive and we are. Taehyung, I'm happy you're not dead. I'm happy you're not infected, because you're here, with me." He moved closer looking up at Taehyung through his long lashes, his rosy lips only inches from Taehyung's. Jeongguk was nervous. Taehyung tilted his head downwards and connected their lips. It felt really nice to kiss Jeongguk. It made Taehyung feel relaxed. The sound of someone clearing their throat broke the couple apart. Taehyung looked at Namjoon in the doorway.