04 ➳ DEAD EYES STILL GLIMMER

════I'M TAEHYUNG════

"Silver?" Taehyung heard a knock against his window. He rubbed his sleepy eyes and tilted his head in the direction of the source. Jeongguk was squatting on the roof. He sat with his feet dangling inside. "You didn't tell me your name once you got back," he whispered. Taehyung smoothed down his shirt anxiously.

"I wasn't really in a good mood."

"It was Namjoon, wasn't it?" Taehyung remained silent. Jeongguk looked back at the starry night that lurked behind them. Jeongguk slipped his hand in Taehyung's when he turned back towards the older. "Let's go somewhere else."

"Where?" asked Taehyung.

"I guess you'll have to trust me," smiled Jeongguk cheekily. Taehyung looked at his bag. "You won't need it. Come on," Jeongguk insisted, helping Taehyung slide down the roof. Taehyung waited for Jeongguk to jump down in his arms after he had landed on the ground. Taehyung's hands were firmly wrapped around Jeongguk's concaved waist as he gently lowered the small boy to the ground.

"How do you expect me to trust you?" Taehyung watched as Jeongguk's rosy lips barely passed his own.

"You trusted me once before," Jeongguk held Taehyung's hand tightly as they snuck out the walls.

"Can you tell me where you are taking me?"

"You used to live here, didn't you?" asked Jeongguk quirking a brow at the other as they snuck in a broken bay side type window. Taehyung had no cooking clue where they were. He could barely remember how his house looked like or the route to even get there. It was when he saw mannequins peeking from behind the open windows that he realized they were in a mall.

"What are we doing here? It isn't safe," Taehyung stated eyes moon-sprawled. Jeongguk buzzed his lips carelessly, thinking Taehyung was being rather ridiculous.

"I come here alone. It's fine. As long as we're quiet they won't come after us," the latter explained monotonous. Taehyung followed after the self-assured boy. Jeongguk hopped up on the old carousel that no longer operated. "Come here, Silver."

"What?"

He giggled as he disappeared around the other side. When Taehyung followed after him, he was gone, vanished into thin air. "Jeongguk?" called Taehyung quietly, "Jeongguk?" he repeated. Taehyung walked around the entire ride and could not find the cute boy. He felt anxiety course through his veins. He scurried around the ride for the fourth time in search of Jeongguk.

"Boo!"

Taehyung emitted a small scream and stumbled back on one of the houses. Jeongguk hung from one of the metallic bars that extended to support the frame of the cover. He had a boyish grin on his face, snickering hysterically.

"That's not funny!"

"It was a little," the boy giggled, gesturing for Taehyung to come forward. Taehyung obliged to his request. Jeongguk wrapped his arms around Taehyung's nape — still hanging upside-down. "Tell me your name," his voice was so silky and smooth, breathy and quiet.