07 ➳ DEAD EYES STILL GLIMMER

════DOUBT════

════DOUBT════

Jeongguk had fallen fast asleep during the storm. In fact, majority of people had drifted off into peaceful slumber. The storm shelter was completely silent. Although, Namjoon had remained awake. Taehyung could feel the caramel-haired male's sharp, cautious, precise eyes on him as Jeongguk rested his head in Taehyung's lap. Taehyung looked over at Namjoon. They made brief eye contact before eluding their gazes.

"What's going on with me?" whispered Taehyung. Namjoon shifted uncomfortably. Taehyung saw how his hand leisurely slid towards the gun in its holster.

"I don't know. Your eyes are turning back to silver though." Taehyung reached for the sunglasses on the bench and observed himself in the tinted glass. He squints slightly, making out a faint outline. Taehyung peers cautiously at the lens, catching a glimpse of his face in the reflection. He cannot quite see himself, the lens botching his appearance in the glossy black glass. However, he could see few colors. His eyes looked bloodshot. The gray-blue was dusted around his limbal ring but right around his pupil was a color blasting out like spikes.

"What's the color?" Taehyung felt right underneath his eye. It was tender to the touch.

"Red."

The sunglasses slipped from his grasp in surprise. Namjoon caught them before they hit the ground.

"Red?" asked Taehyung examining his hands. He could identify all the small swirls, crevices, and grooves of his fingerprints and the dirt that had been trapped between them. He could see the veins that were just underneath the surface of his honey skin. And He could see the blood coursing through his veins. Taehyung heard his own heartbeat pounding in his ears; he could also hear Jeongguk's and Namjoon's. But Namjoon's sounded more appealing to stop. Taehyung shook his head.

"Let go of my arm, Taehyung."

Taehyung was dragged back into reality. Namjoon had his gun to Taehyung's forehead while Taehyung had his arm in a painful grip. Taehyung released him immediately.

"I'm sorry," Taehyung ran his svelte fingers through his raven locks tugging at his scalp slightly. All these feelings were new. Taehyung gazed down at Jeongguk. His heart warmed at the sight of him sleeping peacefully. Taehyung put his hand down upon his head, his ebony locks threading through his supple fingers. Taehyung heard the hammer of a gun click into place.

"Don't hurt him. He's our one hope."

"I wouldn't hurt him. It's different. I can hear everyone's heartbeat but his sounds different. He is ... relaxing. And when I look at him I'm no longer confused. I just know I need to protect him and keep him safe from anything or anyone who might hurt him," Taehyung explained. Then, everything clicked. Namjoon's heart no longer needed to be stopped. He was here to protect Jeongguk too. Taehyung averted his gaze towards the older man. He looked into the barrel of the gun. He heard the hammer click back as Namjoon returned the gun back to its holster.