12 ➳ DEAD EYES STILL GLIMMER

════THE CURE════

════THE CURE════

"Stay the hell away from him!" berated Taehyung jumping in front of Jeongguk. Jimin looked at him surprised; he had a thin needle in his small hand.

"What?"

"Taehyung, no," said Jeongguk, he came from out behind him and held Taehyung's face between his palms. At the mere glimpse of him Taehyung physically relaxed. Jeongguk flashed him a 'bunny-smile'. "I'm volunteering for this. It's about time we start saving people." He sat upon the metallic operation pedestal.

"You understand what we need to do, right?" Jimin walked over towards him. Jeongguk nodded. Taehyung watched as they lowered Jeongguk on the table. Jeongguk inhaled deeply. Taehyung watched as Jimin picked up a drill. Instinctively, he grabbed his hand.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

"Tae?" said Jeongguk in a tiny voice. Said male turned towards him. Jeongguk sat up. "It's not in my blood. They have to ... to drill to get—" his words hitched in the hollow of his throat.

"We have to get a sample of Jeongguk's bone marrow. We've scanned everywhere else. This can be the only possibility," Jimin finished his sentence.

"Will it hurt him?" Jimin looked over at Jeongguk for help.

"Yes. We don't have anything left to numb the pain."

"Then he's not doing it," Taehyung decided, he grabbed his wrist and began dragging him out the room. Jeongguk struggled against his firm grasp.

"No! Taehyung!" he jerked his hand away. "I have to do this! You even told me I would have to do this!"

"Yes! But not if you're going to get hurt!" Taehyung reached for his wrist again, but he dodged and shook his head.

"No ... this could get you back to normal. I'm going to do it whether you like it or not!" Taehyung was grabbed by security guards. He looked over at Jimin while Jeongguk went back to the pedestal.

"If you take me out this room, I won't hesitate to kill everyone in my way to get back here," Taehyung growled. Then, he felt something cold around one of his wrists. He was handcuffed to a steel handrail.

"You aren't going anywhere," Jimin said nonchalantly. He had already changed Jeongguk into a gown and laid him on his side. His back exposed. Jimin turned the drill on and moved it towards his skin. Taehyung could see how tense he was. Then, Jeongguk began screaming at the top of his lungs. Taehyung struggled against his resistance. He sat on the ground and kicked the wall. He had even though about chewing his arm off. Soon the screaming stopped and Jeongguk was sobbing. The drill was replaced by a needle in Jimin's hands. He stuck it in the newly formed wound. Jeongguk whimpered. "Get these to the lab right away," Jimin handed the needle to another person before they egressed.