11 ➳ DEAD EYES STILL GLIMMER

════CDC════

════CDC════

Taehyung let his long, supple, svelte fingers run across Jeongguk's skin. His skin was so smooth and felt like clouds kissing upon his fingertips. Taehyung trailed his fingers from the boys shoulder to his hip lightly. Then he came back up to gently graze the scar on his side. His hand outlined the jagged space where every tooth was sunk in. Jeongguk sighed in his sleep. Taehyung leaned over to peck his cheek. Jeongguk awoke at the feeling and gave Taehyung a lethargic smile.

"Good morning," he greeted drowsily, closing his eyes again. Taehyung brushed his tousled ebony-locks from his face.

"Morning, Ggukie. How are you feeling?" Taehyung brushed his thumb across his cheek.

"Good," Jeongguk mumbled, cuddling up to Taehyung's side. Taehyung wrapped his arms around his body instinctively. The others would be looking for them, surely. However, Taehyung did not want them to find them in the current situation they were in: stark-naked and curled up together.

"We need to find them. I think they're going to be very worried." Jeongguk rolled his eyes. Eventually, they heaved themselves out of bed and dressed themselves. Taehyung re-patched Jeongguk's side.

"So..." Jeongguk started. Taehyung made sure that the amateur stitches he made were holding up. He touched the area around the wound gently. It seemed to be painless. Then again, Taehyung thought accidently hit it too hard the night prior.

"So?" Taehyung looked up to him as he continued cleaning his wound.

"We can't tell Namjoon that we ... well—" his face became beat-red. Taehyung smiled.

"Well, what?"

"Please don't make me say it," Jeongguk pouted. Taehyung kept his mock idiocy up. He shrugged. Jeongguk shifted uncomfortably. "We can't tell Namjoon that we've had sex," he squeaked. Taehyung smirked.

"Of course not," Taehyung stood up and leaned down to peck Jeongguk's lips. Jeongguk kissed back with the same solicit ardor, his hands slowly running up; wrapping around Taehyung's neck. Taehyung wanted nothing more than to push him back against the bed. Suddenly, the security door creaked open. Jeongguk immediately removed his arms from Taehyung's neck and jumped back while Taehyung winced at the bright light.

"Grab the brunette!"

Taehyung pulled Jeongguk behind him protectively. The men strode forward.

"Stay away from him," Taehyung growled. He was going to protect Jeongguk with every fiber in his body. He had to stop the men from coming any closer. Taehyung lunged forward, mimicking their thoughts now, and sunk his teeth into one of the men's shoulder. Taehyung jerked away — he did not like the taste of human on his tongue. However, for some apparent reason, he wanted to do that again. Taehyung treaded back slightly, wiping the blood from his mouth. The man held his neck and screamed in agony.

"Taehyung, what the hell!?" screamed Jeongguk, backing up. Taehyung's rage subsided once he caught a glimpse of his frightened face. "Ggukie..." Taehyung extended his hand out to him but instantly jerked it back once he saw the crimson substance on it. Then, Taehyung felt the mouth of a gun behind his head. He waited for it to go off. He could fight back. The feeling of human flesh on his tongue filled his mouth and he felt himself gagging and his mouth watering. What the hell was wrong with him? He could not stop these conflicting feelings from manifesting in his cerebrum.

"Stop, don't hurt the kids!" Namjoon admonished. He pushed past Taehyung and took Jeongguk in his arms. "Are you okay?" Jeongguk dismissed the question. The gun was removed from behind Taehyung's head and Hoseok came to check on him.

"Is any of this your blood?" Taehyung shook his head and motioned towards the solider that received medical attention. Yoongi came to examine Taehyung.

"Did you bite him?" Taehyung nodded shamefully, looking to where Namjoon embraced Jeongguk in a hug. Jeongguk looked at him, there was no look of disgust, and he was looking at him like he looked at him last night. Taehyung was not a different person, he just surprised him. "How did it taste?"

"Gross. But oddly good." Taehyung turned his attention to the doctor. "Who are these people?" asked Namjoon, walking over with Jeongguk. They all stood in a circle.

"This is the CDC. This is what we came for." Taehyung looked back at the soldiers who looked at him uneasily. They were definitely unhappy that Taehyung was alive.

"But how?" asked Taehyung.

"We do routine sweep to kill the creatures that may wonder into popular areas and we pick up humans," a short man who was the very epitome of elegance walked in, his blonde hair coiffed at his forehead. His boots clicked on the ground until they came to a halt. He adjusted the round spectacles on his face. "And this instance, we found ourselves a cure, along with a zombie-human hybrid — fascinating."

Taehyung flinched away when he tried touching his cheek.

"Who are you?" asked Jeongguk.

"Oh, excuse me. I'm Jimin, Park Jimin. Head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, I believe you call it the CDC?" he quirked a perfectly-sculpted brow. Taehyung looked at Jimin; he seemed to be the brains that were going to go behind the creation of the cure. He walked over towards Jeongguk and grabbed his face. "You must be the walking cure itself. Let me s—" Taehyung stepped between Jimin and Jeongguk. Jimin laughed excitedly. "Oh! Red eyes, goes well with the blood."

"Stay away," Taehyung's mouth fitted a snarl. Jimin frowned.

"I'm not going to harm him. Or is that just your protectiveness kicking in? Is it perhaps that your bond strengthened after having sexual intercourse?" Jeongguk squeaked and became rubicund. Taehyung narrowed his eyes at Jimin dauntingly.

"I didn't need to know that!" Namjoon groaned in frustration.

"Now, can we bring you group back for a nice meal?" They were escorted into humongous military trucks. Jeongguk avoided Namjoon and sat beside Hoseok and Yoongi. Jimin kept talking; however, Taehyung was not buying his bullshit. He was not going to fool him with this nice, friendly, happy-go-lucky charade. When they arrived at their destination, it continued. It continued for a month. They did not run any tests on Jeongguk nor Taehyung. They fed them, clothed them, and kept their mouths shut whenever Jeongguk or Taehyung snuck into each other's rooms. It was paradise.

However, even sometimes, paradise has its rough waters.

●¤¤¤¤●◇◇◇◇●¤¤¤¤●◇◇◇◇●¤¤¤¤●

How was it?

____꒰࿐chapter question:࿐ྂ꒱____
How do you feel about Jimin?

Please remember to vote and comment your thoughts.

안녕히 가세요, 모니 보라해요~💜