EPISODE 1

13/10/2019 - Sunday - At Whitefield, Bangalore.

Aparna's P. O. V :

"God! When will this treatment end? " Prerna was grumbling, as she stepped out of the car.

I took out the bags from back seat and locked the car.

"Can you carry me? " Prerna asked.

" Come on, it's only till the lift. Is it that much painful? " I asked as we walked from the parking lot to the lift.

" Can you imagine someone putting in a knife in your uterus and peeling off the inner layer? " She said describing with her hands.

I shook my head and we stepped into the lift. Prerna pressed the floor number and slumped on my shoulder. She has lost weight ever since the treatment started.

" If IVF is this much painful, why are you doing it? Why don't you wait for the baby to come naturally? " I asked.

The lift opened and we walked out.

"You won't understand the pressure this society has on having a baby. " Prerna told shaking her head.

She opened the door of the apartment and walked straight to her room.

I locked the door and placed the bags on the table. I sat on the sofa and turned on my phone.

It had 6 missed calls from Michael. I breathed out and deleted the notifications.

After an hour, the door bell rang. It must be Rajiv.

I opened the door and Rajiv rushed in. His face was beaming with happiness.

"Hi Aparna ! Where is Prerna? " He asked me.

I pointed to the room.

" Prerna, come out! I have some news! " He said.

Prerna walked out tired. Rajiv hugged her and kissed her.

" No PDA! I am PG 13! " I said and they laughed.

" Guess what? " Rajiv asked.

" Got promoted? " Prerna asked.

" No, I met my parents ! " He said.

Prerna's face dropped and shock took it's place.

" What did they say? They didn't shoot at you right? " She asked.

" No! Actually, they were happy too. Dad came to the hospital with my cousin here, for master health check up. Mom was there too! " Rajiv said.

"If they were to accept you people this happily, why did you people even run away? " I asked.

"That's my doubt too. Say the truth, they are not the type who would accept us this easily. " Prerna said.

"I told a small lie" Rajiv said winking.

"What? " Prerna stared him down.

"That you are pregnant! " He said closing his eyes.

I looked at Prerna shocked.

She sat down and was pulling her hair.

"Why did you do that? " She asked.

Rajiv sat beside her and held her hands.

" I had no other choice. This was their weakness. And you are under treatment too. The implantation is by next week. If everything goes well, what I told wouldn't be a lie! " He said.

" You don't understand the pressure I am having right now! " She shouted back with tears.

" I promised them that, we would definitely come to Chennai next month. " Rajiv said.

" Why next month? " I asked.

" By brother is getting engaged with Anjali. And we need to be there. " Rajiv said.

Prerna face palmed herself and looked at Rajiv.

" Your brother accepted Anjali? " Prerna asked. Anjali was actually supposed to marry Rajiv.

"He would be devastated. They have definitely blackmailed him. Or maybe he genuinely accepted this proposal. I am missing him. " Rajiv said.

Suddenly I realized that they need their private space right now and I need to get back home.

" It's already six. Dad would be searching for me, I am going home. I'll be back next week. See you guys, take care. Call me anytime." I tell them and leave.

Prerna hugged me once before waving good bye. 

I walked down the stairs and my phone rang again.

I took it out, it was Michael again.

I darted to my car and drove it out of the parking.

Prerna was living with Rajiv in the apartment near our home. I was living with mom and dad.

The phone rang again when I was stuck in the traffic. I curse my phone, it was Michael again.

I took a deep breath and rested my head on the steering. I sat up, took the phone and blocked his number for once and forever.

I drove to my home and it started drizzling.

I parked the car and rushed into the portico. As I rang the door bell, mom opened the door shouting at me for visiting Prerna.

I muted her voice and ran to my room. I sat in front of my PC and turned it on.

I started typing my resignation letter. After checking it twice I sent it to my office ID.

I decided to inform my chief Architect directly. I took my phone, prayed to God and dialled her.

"Aparna, why are you disturbing me in weekend? " Sneha said, the irritation apparent in her voice.

" Good evening ma'am, I called to inform you on my resignation. " I spurt out.

"Good.wait , what? " She asked.

" I feel this is the right time I take my leave from design shades. I need to grow on my own. " I lie fluently.

" Ohhh, shouldn't you inform this a month earlier? , are you okay with loosing this month' s salary? ,we would be missing a hard working employee! " Sneha said faking resentment.

" I have submitted all my works in office.The details of all my current projects are with Michael. I took the decision only today, and i am okay with your conditions. Please mail me my work report, about my conduct during the past two years. " I said.

" That would be done by tomorrow morning. All the best. " She said and cut the call.

I laid on my bed as tears flowed out of my eyes.

I don't really hate my office. Sneha would get two employees for the salary she gave me. That was the reality.

Finally Michael was also out of my life now.

Things we do for peace.
Things we do under pressure.
Things we do for society.
Things we don't want to do.