EPSIODE 33

27/11/2019- Wednesday - At Bangalore.

Aparna's P. O. V:

" Aparna come down! Look who is here! " My mom shouted from downstairs.

I tied my hair into a lazy bun and went down.

The familiar laughter of my dad was heard echoing through the living room.

Liam Uncle and Agnes Aunty were in a laughter roll with my dad, reminiscing their old memories. As they saw me, they both looked surprised.

" Hello dear! How are you? " Uncle asked.

" I am fine Uncle. How are you? " I asked back.

" We are fine, only Michael seems to be unhappy though, after you left the firm. " He said and I knew who was behind this sudden visit of my dad's best friend.

" Even I don't understand why Aparana suddenly decided to quit the job. " My mom said sitting on the sofa near to them.

" Michael was so worried about you " Aunty said and I laughed at the ironic situation.

" We have an early birthday present for you. " Uncle said and took out a jewel box from his bag.

" No, Uncle, really, I happy that you remember it. I don't need any presents. " I said defending.

" Michael specifically selected the design for you. Please accept it. " Aunty said.

" It is disrespectful to reject the present Aparna. " My mom said joining them.

" Okay, thanks Uncle and Aunty. Convey my gratitude to Michael too" I said and got the jewel box from them.

I opened the box with shaky hands, knowing this was all Michael's plan.

The box had a very beautiful diamond necklace, slightly bigger in size. It had emeralds in them, green being the favourite colour of Michael. I gulped hard looking at the necklace.

" Do you like it? " Uncle asked piping in.

" I don't know what to say " I said, quite shocked.

" What was the need to buy such an expensive gift! " My dad asked Uncle.

" Don't blame him, it was all because of our son" Aunty said laughing.

" It looks so beautiful, your son has really good taste " My mom said looking at the necklace.

" That he definitely has, doesn't he Aparna? " Aunty asked looking at me. My face would have looked like a red tomato at that moment. I was trying to control the boiling anger inside me.

" If you would please excuse me, I would keep this safely inside my locker and I have some works to look into. See you soon, Aunty and Uncle. It was nice having you. Thanks for your wonderful present. " I said.

" We will definitely see you soon! " Uncle said. I smiled at him and walked upstairs.

As I closed my door, I stashed the jewel box into my cupboard and was walking to and fro inside my room.

I was tensed, too tensed.

My phone rang, and it was a call from an unknown number. But I instantly knew who it was.

I picked the call and started shouting.

" What is going on inside your retarded mind? " I asked.

" Chill, baby. Relax first. We are talking after a month and you shout at me right after picking the call. Bad manners " He said slyly.

" What do you want? " I asked.