EPISODE 36

25/11/2019 - Friday - At Chennai

Shiva's P. O. V :

I couldn't make sense of what was happening. Maybe it was the candle light, her face or her words, I wasn't in reality anymore.

Her thighs fit perfectly under my hands and she sat above me. I started making a line of kisses from one side of her neck to the other. Her fingers effortlessly took off my shirt.

I brought my shaky hands to her shirt and started unbuttoning her shirt. I saw her face, her eyes staring straight into my soul.

And then suddenly, her face changed into someone else's. The features resembling to the devil, Anjali.

I woke up terrified. I looked at the clock and saw the time. It was close to 7 in the morning.

I decided to forget the dream and get ready for office.

As I rushed downstairs, Amma came walking towards me. Her face reflecting what she was going through.

" What's going on? " She asked me.

" What? " I asked.

" I haven't seen you this happy going to Office. " She said.

" I am sorry that I am being happy, I know you don't want to see me happy. " I said and started eating the breakfast.

" Why are you saying like that? " She asked.

" Please don't tell me that you care for my happiness. All you care about is your brother and his daughter. " I said and walked off the dining table.

" What I did, was to help you have a settled life! " She said.

I didn't answer her and walked out of the house.

I started my bike and drove to my office.

My office has completely changed. Usually everyone showed up late. But After the new admin , Shwetha has put up strict rules for entry time.

Even the intern boys are being on time.

The interiors were almost done. We still had to fix the new AC. The seating workstation were changed.

We had a small conference room built in and a proper waiting area, with good seating for the pune.

I was given a separate worktable. Aparna had her table placed right behind mine. She also placed a huge glass table in between us, she told everyone that it was for discussion, but I knew why she had placed it.

As I walked in, I noticed that, the chair behind me was empty.

Everyone were working inside the office. Hari had the control to the sound system and has transformed into a part time DJ. He and Aparna usually fight over the control, but Aparna gives up every time.

Aparna walked in with two huge jute bags in her hands.

She clumsily placed the bag on the glass table and murmured sorry to me.

She opened the bag and started taking out cactus and succulents. She placed them over her worktable and also near the window.

I smiled remembering how she placed these similar plants in her room too.

Hari walked to me.

" When is our trip? " Hari asked excited.

" That's a study trip. " Aparna said laughing.

" Aparna, are you done with all the data from Latha Family? " I asked her.

" All done! " She said.

" Okay, so when should we go? " I asked them.

" As soon as possible " Aparna said.

" This weekend! " Hari said.

" I know why you are so excited! " Aparna said to Hari.

" Come on guys! I need to focus on my wedding too! You know! I am free this weekend! " Hari said.

" Yeah, this weekend is good " Shwetha shouted from her table.

" Okay, fine. Who will drive? " I asked.

" I will drive. And I have also seen a good place for us to stay. " Hari said.

" I am so utterly impressed by the interest you have in learning about Chettinad style. Only if you had the same in drawing too" Aparna said smiling, looking at Hari.

I laughed loud at her comment.

" Shiva, this is too much. You have to control her! " Hari said to me.

" Me?, you don't know how much difficult it is for me to do that. Isn't it Aparna? " I asked her.

She looked at me open mouthed, she bit her lips and didn't reply back.

" I would confirm the rooms for us. We are starting tomorrow morning. And we are returning Sunday night. That's the plan. Wohoo! " Hari said and ran to his table.

We all went back to our work. While I was working, I was constantly looking back, I had a feeling of Aparna looking at me, but she wasn't.

We ordered lunch from outside. As soon as the order came in, Hari ran to pick up the food.

We sat together in our new dining table and started eating.

Aparna did an intro session with the interns. I was so caught up earlier that I even forgot their names.

Their names were Riyas and Vishanth.

The two boys were all smiling and giggling while talking to Aparna. And I felt a new sensation, which I hadn't felt ever before.

I felt like smashing their smiling teeth and I don't even know why. I was staring at Aparna with boiling anger, as she laughed on hearing their stories.

No, why would I be thinking about these undergrad boys! They didn't do anything against me.

But, why was I angry?, maybe because they had the freedom which I didn't. Freedom to talk, chat and laugh with Aparna. Why I don't have that!

I walked back silently after washing my hands. Everyone came in after me, laughing about something.

As I was working on my desktop, I suddenly had a doubt on my drawing.

I turned to Aparna and called her to my desk.

" I am confused, do you think this will workout? " I asked her.

She bent in to have a closer look at my drawing. She brought down her head to view the monitor.She moved the mouse pointer checking it.

Her fragrance hit me and her face was too close than it should be. Her hair was tied into a pony and some loose strands were flying over her eyes and her forehead.

I placed my hand over hers holding the mouse. Aparna slowly turned to look at me.

" Who do you think you are? " I asked her in a hushed tone.

She tried taking her hand from underneath mine, but I held it tight.

" What are you doing Shiva? " She murmured.

" You think you can laugh and chat with those interns! You can't! I hate it so much! " I said.

" What is wrong with you! " She murmured back.

" Yes, something is definitely wrong. You are not going to laugh with them. " I said.

" They are like younger brothers to me! If that isn't going to pacify your jealousy, I don't know what would! " She said biting back her smile.

" I wasn't jealous! " I said back.

" You hope so, but you are. " She said.

I released her hand and she walked back to her table after giving me a deathly stare.

Was I really jealous? , why would I be? , I asked to myself and shook off the thought.