EPISODE 7

9/11/2019 - Saturday - At Chennai, T nagar.

Aparna's P. O. V:

Shiva looked at the bracelets even more puzzled.

He thought for a moment and then pushed the middle one towards me.

" Good choice! " I said to him and asked the shop keeper to pack the three of the bracelets separately.

Rajiv came in, my sister had called him and he didn't look well.

He patted Shiva and stood near him.

" Shall we leave? " Rajiv asked.

" Yes" His mom said and we walked to the counter.

I paid for the three bracelets and that stranger uncle paid for their rings.

Anjali was staring at me as I took out my card and paid. She murmured something to Rajiv's mom and she was staring at me too.

As I walked from the bill counter, Anjali smiled at me.

" Anjali, look there are people like this too, who themselves didn't bring any gold, but nicely eating up my son's salary! " Rajiv's mom said.

I turned back to give them a nice reply, but Rajiv took a stand.

" Yes, they don't bring any gold from their family. They earn themselves and buy whatever they want. Unlike some who sit and eat nicely under their family income" Rajiv said and Anjali was looking at him open mouthed.

I smiled back at Anjali.

" Rajiv, this is none of your business! " His mom scolded him.

" Amma, Prerna has her own bank account. In fact, she earns more than me. Even now, she has bought the bracelet only for Shiva, that too from her account.And you blame her blindly. " Rajiv said and his mom's nose was magically broken down.

Rajiv walked out of the shop to the auto, and I walked behind him.

We sat on the auto with Shiva and we started to home before them.

"That was a good one! " Shiva said laughing to Rajiv.

" There is a limit for everything. They are living in a small world. I don't know when Amma will understand this. The real world is going somewhere. And they are still stuck with dowry and gold" Rajiv said sadly.

" For how many days Anjali is going to stay in Chennai? " Shiva asked with pain in his voice.

" One more week I guess, it seems she is staying with her dad in Jeya aunty's house. She would be coming with us to Theni in our bus " Rajiv said.

" Great! She would bug me off for the next seven days " Shiva said.

" Give her a chance maybe " I said.

" Really? " Shiva asked me.

" She was so into marrying you. She even waited till now. Get to know her. " I said.

" You started talking like my mother! " Shiva said.

" Prerna, I forgot to tell you something. My boss wants me to come to office by day after tomorrow. I would be leaving tomorrow morning " Rajiv said.

" What? " I asked.

" Yeah, I even booked the tickets" Rajiv said, signalling that he would talk to me later. But this was not a part of the agreement. He looked frustrated.

" But, I can't stay here alone! " I said nervously. He knows what he was trying to throw me into.

" We are not going to eat you up Anni. Anyway Rajiv would be back in four days. " Shiva said.