EPISODE 20

17/11/2019 - Sunday -At Tambaram.

Shiva's P. O. V:

I was walking restlessly inside my room.

I don't want to ask her anything. Pregnant or not, it's her issue with my parents. Why should I bother?

The time was nearly 7:00.

If I don't call her out now, she might miss the bus, the rain was getting heavier.

This is my sister in law and I don't care what she had planned. All I care about now is dropping her off.

The thing is, her sister was also here in Chennai for the past few days. A good daughter in law would have invited her home and introduced her to my parents. But she didn't.

I tried confronting her with the tattoo issue, but I was the one who got trapped.

Was my anni hiding something from my family? Maybe she is not pregnant at all? , But Rajiv was genuinely happy that he was going to be a father. There was no lie in that. Maybe she lied to Rajiv too?

What if the one here is not the one who is actually pregnant? , I felt like my head was about to blast.

I need to stop this right now. This is not something I should be thinking about.

It's better the sooner she leaves, the sooner before I start overthinking her with Aparna and I might confuse the situation in hand.

I walked out of my room and knocked on Anni's door.

She walked out with her bag in hand. Her face was still pale. She was waiting for me to ask her. But I have decided otherwise.

" Shall we go? " I asked her.

She looked down for a moment and nodded her head.

I walked down taking her bag and started booking for a cab in my phone.

She stayed silent until the cab arrived.

I locked the door and helped her throw in her luggage.

I told the otp to the driver and soon we were out of my street.

Still she was silent, her eyes were relentlessly looking at me and the outside through the window.

After few minutes, she started looking at her phone.

" Oh shit! " She told.

" What happened Anni? " I asked turning back.

" The bus! They cancelled it! " She told with shock on her face.

I asked the cab driver to pull over , she was biting off her smile looking at me.

" I got the message just now! It's cos of the rain! " She told with a sad face.

I got the phone from her and looked at the message. She was saying the truth.

If she wants to play this game, fine I'll make her regret doing this. I gave her a chance to escape out of all this, now it's fate that she is going to face me.

I told the driver to take us back home. I called my Amma and informed her. Amma sounded concerned and told me that they might stay the night in Jeya aunty house.

I was mentally preparing myself to face her.

As we got back home, I helped her take her bag upstairs.

Anni's confused face was gone, she was being too calm.

" I think we need to talk! " I finally said, thankfully Amma and Appa were not here.