EPISODE 8

10/11/2019 - Sunday - At Chennai, Tambaram.

Shiva's P. O. V:

Two weeks more.

In 15 days, i am getting engaged.

I looked at the ceiling fan frustrated.

My phone rang and it was Anjali. Why this devil can't let me be at peace!

I took the call with no other option left.

"Hi Shiva! " She said.

" What do you want? " I asked irritated. It was early morning.

"Can we go to Sathyam today? I have booked two tickets for the afternoon show! " She said.

I cursed internally and sat up.

" Reply na! " She said.

" Okay! I'll come" I said.

" Pick me up at Jeya aunty's house by 11. Waiting for you. See you soon" She said chirping and I cut the call.

This girl waited for me, for four years. I like her or not, I respect her. And I need to atleast give her a chance.

The time was 9 already. I walked out of my room brushing my teeth to take the newspaper.

As I came out, I heard a loud cursing from my brother's room.

"Fuck off! " Anni said.

I was shocked a bit. My brother left early in the morning, so hopefully my brother wasn't on the other end of the curse.

I stood there for a moment and Anni opened the door suddenly.

She saw me and froze on her place. Her eyes were red and her face looked tired. She went back and closed the door again.

I walked back to my room and closed the door.

Was she crying?

I took bath and came out to eat breakfast.

Amma was on the living room seeing the morning astrology show.

"Amma,I need to leave soon. Please prepare the breakfast! " I said as I walked into the dining room.

Someone else was in the kitchen cooking.I sat on the dining table confused.It was Anni making dosa. She looked fresh .

" Good morning! " She said looking at me as she placed the dosa on my plate.

"Wow! " I said and started munching.

The dosa was crisp and light, unlike my. Amma's dosa.

" What movie are you going for? " She asked as she kept the second dosa.

" I don't know, wait, how did you know? " I asked.

" Everyone knows, Anjali told your mom before you. Such respect she has" She said smiling.

I nodded back smiling.

She placed the third dosa and I was eating.

" When I cook, he runs away after the second dosa, and now he is eating the third one" Amma said as she sat near me.

"Yeah! It's really good! " I said.

" Then eat one more! " Anni said laughing.

"Had enough! Need to drive! " I said and got up washing my hands.

"Enjoy dude! " Anni said as I walked out. I waved at her and took my bike key.

" Behave properly with her! " Amma said as I started my bike.