EPISODE 28

20/11/2019 - Wednesday- At Chennai.

Shiva's P. O. V :

I locked the office and placed the keys safely. The time was 7 in the evening.Aparna stood beside me silently. Our day had come to an end too soon. I brushed off the small tears in my eyes and rushed to the parking.

I started the bike and was thinking of ways to get more time.

As we got stuck in traffic, Aparna finally talked.

" Can we go to beach again before you drop me at Shwetha's place? " She asked. Her mood was as low as mine.

I nodded and then drove to Marina beach.

She walked in front of me and I followed her. She then sat in the sand with view to the waves. I sat beside her.

I was yearning to ask her to be with me for another day. But I knew that, it would cause more hurt to both of us.

I shouldn't have done this. Knowing that I don't have the courage to stop my engagement, I shouldn't have agreed to this idea. For once I wanted to be selfish.

I am more scared of tomorrow than today. When I wake up tomorrow, I will know it true to my heart that, Anjali was never the one for me.

I had the right person just beside me, but couldn't do anything. Will I be able to live with that?

If I could turn back this day, I should have told no to Aparna, no, I shouldn't have talked to her at all. I should have learnt to live with my life, my fucked up life , but now I have pulled her into this.

Aprana slowly turned to look at me. Her face had a fake smile , but her eyes we're honest.

" Why are you silent? Contemplating on time travel ? " She asked.

I nodded back with a smile.

She turned back to the waves and shook her head laughing.

" Shiva, I just want to tell you something, I really enjoyed this day. I lived every moment of it. I wouldn't blame anyone else ever if I get hurt.

For the minutes that we have now, can you please help me make more memories? " She asked.

Looking at her face, I hoped that I could try again to forget my present. At least for her, I wanted to believe that only she mattered right now.

" I am hungry, can we eat something? " I asked Aparna. I tried to smile as big as I can.

I got up and bought two fried corns from the nearby stall.

I walked back to her and handed her one. She ate it faster than me.

" What? I am hungry too! " She said defensively.

Then we started tasting all the snacks in that stall. Aparna was eating everything with her heart, as if she won't get them again ever.

My mind sub consciously started imagining how Anjali would have reacted if I bought and gave her this same snacks from roadside stalls. Would she be as curious as Aparna? No, she would have scolded me.

" Hey, take off your shoes! " Aparna shouted walking close to the waves.

I shook my head to throw away the constant thoughts about Anjali. I removed my shoes and walked into the cold water.

Aparna caught my hand and dragged me close to the waves,where the water was below our knees. Soon, we were holding hands. She held my hand firmly.

" Don't worry I won't let the waves drag you inside " I said laughing.

" Well, I wasn't really worrying about me being taken by the waves , it was you." She said staring at me.