EPISODE 25

20/11/2019 - Wednesday- At Chennai.

Aparna's P. O. V :

He was giving me a wicked grin which was enough for me to know what was going inside his mind. I instantly moved my face away from him.

I slowly released my hold on him and sat straight. He sat near me and dusted off the sand over my jacket.

We both laughed at each other and got up slowly.

He started the bike and signalled me to sit back. I shook my head and sat behind him.

I took out the map he had given and started telling directions to our second spot. Through the route I started guessing where he was taking me and I was right.

Our next stop was the broken bridge. I had seen it from distance with Shwetha, but this was my first time this close.

The place was a long bridge with view to the sea on one side.

Shiva stopped the bike at some distance away and the place was empty with an eerie silence.

We both got down and started walking to the other end of the bridge.

" Tell me about your school life " I asked to break the silence. This is the only time we were ever going to get. I wanted to know all sides of him.

" I am going to speak only if you are ready for some questions too" He said with a chuckle.

" Okay fine! " I said.

" My school life was pretty much filled with my friends, Hari and Karthik, we were like the three idiots, always together. I forced my friends to attend the same tuition as me. We even planned and took the same college.

Now your turn" He said.

A bitter memory crossed my mind, I gulped it hard and looked back at Shiva, he was staring at me curiously for my answer. I decided to tell the truth as much as possible.

" I was a nerd and geek for nearly all of my school life. I didn't have long friendships in school, except for one. We became friends during my high school and then it continued till the office we were working together in. He was almost there at everywhere I was. " I said laughing.

Shiva raised his eye brows to ask something but shook his head in refusal.

" Who is that he? " Shiva asked with a fake cough. I bit down my smile and looked at him, did I smell some jealousy?

" Only one question! Your turn is done. My turn now. Who was your first crush? " I asked quickly to change the topic.

He was shocked and embarrassed on hearing my question. He was slightly blushing.

" Trust me, you don't want to know this " He said wickedly.

Is he being shy?, wait, was it me?

" I do. Tell. " I said staring at him.

" It was Anjali! " He said laughing.

My jaws dropped to the floor on hearing his answer. Is he being honest? , he her how?

" Are you serious? " I asked composing myself.

" Yes! Please don't judge me. I was only 10 years old at that time. She was really smart during my childhood. The only problem was her smartness didn't grow after that. " He said laughing and I joined him.

We had reached the end of the bridge. There was a clear view to the sea. The wind was getting warm.

"Who was yours? " Shiva asked.