EPISODE 29

20/11/2019 - Wednesday- At Chennai.

Aparna's P. O. V:

Phone calls, the boon as well as the bane of our generation. Distance and time are mere words, as a person is always just a phone call away from us.

We wait for some calls , days and months together, not getting tired of the waiting, while some, we put on block and never care again.

We take them so lightly sometimes and we never know when we are doing the biggest mistake of our life by just not picking up a call.

Things got heated up and I didn't know how I ended up making out with Shiva. It was a kiss at first which soon started building up. I was over him as his fast hands were running over me.

The ringtone of my phone broke our make out session.

" Fuck " I cursed and quickly moved to the table where the light blinked.

The screen read " Rajiv"

Why is Rajiv calling me at this time?

I picked up the call and before I could speak, I heard Rajiv sobbing on the other side.

" Aparna, Prerna is admitted in hospital. She got high pressure, she fainted in the house. She,,,, I came home late,,,, I took her to the hospital,,,,, I don't know what happened,, I don't,,,, the doctors told me that the the babies need to be aborted,,,, they died in,,,, Aparna is in surgery,,, your dad is on the,,, way,,,,I don't know"

My entire world came to a sudden stop. I suddenly remembered Prerna calling me twice an hour ago and how I mindlessly rejected it.

What have I done?

I was crying and screaming, Shiva hugged me tightly and was telling me something, I couldn't hear any of it.

"Prerna! " I screamed.

He shook me and asked me again.

" Prerna got admitted in hospital...for for high pressure.....The...... The babies are...... They.........died " I cried hugging him. Shiva sat there frozen.

"I need to go, it was all my fault. I need to " I said and got up quickly.

" Okay, okay " He said getting up.

" Bus will be too late, I am booking flight tickets now! " I said hastily and he wore his t shirt back.

" Okay, I'll book a cab to the Airport " He said and took a small bag and threw some of clothes into it.

The time was close to 12 , I booked tickets for the 2 O clock flight.

We both rushed downstairs and walked out. Suddenly I remember that, Shiva's engagement is in three days.

" Shiva, really, I think I can go myself " I said as he locked the main door of his home.

" Are you kidding me? I am not letting you go alone in your current state. Besides, she is my sister in law too! " He said.

We both got in the cab and I was silently praying that nothing should happen to my sister.

As we reached the airport, we ran into the check in and rushed to the arrival gate.

I was shaking and crying not knowing what to do. It felt like I was no more here.

" Call Rajiv and ask about the situation now " Shiva said.

I took out my phone and called the number. Rajiv picked up in the second ring.

" Rajiv, how is Prerna now? " I asked quickly.