Chapter 2

Above is the picture of our male lead.

Aurora's pov

It was happening. The day had come. William and Elijah were being crowned the beta and alpha. I was feeling so proud. I had watched these two grow up right in front of me. Now along with their mates they were going to take care if our lovely pack. Aunt Rose and mom were also getting emotional. They were cooking for the whole pack today. I asked them if I should help but they insisted on doing everything on their own.

When the time came Alpha Alexander stood on the stage with his father right by his side and said, 'Today on my last day of officially being the alpha of this pack I am feeling rather emotional. But I assure all of you that whenever you need me or my assistance I will always be there for all of you. For me as well as my mate, your luna rose the pack will always come first. I am glad that my son Elijah is becoming your alpha today along with his mate Charlotte who will be your new luna. They love the pack with everything they have and I hope that you will go ahead and give them as much as love you gave me. Please welcome my son, Alpha Elijah.' He said and everyone erupted in cheers. After that even dad gave his speech as his last day as beta and welcomed William and Elena on the stage. It was great. After that as a part of the beta's family I was called as well. I couldn't help but become emotional and let the tears slide down my face. Along with even luna rose and mom were crying. It was a big day for all of us.

Many packs and their alphas were invited for the grand feast afterwards so that the new alpha and beta could be introduced. We were preparing for it. This time I requested mom and aunt Rose again to take my help in cooking and they agreed. I had fun cooking with them. This meal was important as it was going to be served to many alphas of important packs.

Later I went to my room to get ready. I chose to wear a long sky blue one shoulder dress. It looked amazing. I chose to wear my hair down and applied some makeup. 'What if tonight we meet our mate?' Gina said excitedly. I just laughed at her way of thinking.

As I left the room and went downstairs I saw it everything was decorated lavishly. Our new alpha, luna, beta, his mate as well as all the old ones were already seated and having conversations with others. I even saw their grandparents doing rounds greeting everyone as well. I mindlinked the aunt Rose and asked her if there was something that needed to be done but she just said that everything was going well and that I should just have some food and enjoy myself now. I went outside and sat in the garden. I don't know why but Gina was feeling restless. As I was overlooking the pack I saw another alpha going inside the hall along with his beta and the few warriors he had brought. I knew him, it was Alpha Caleb.

He was the alpha whose pack was very strong and very rich as well but his reputation was that he was coldhearted. Literally too cold hearted and cruel. Anyone who got on his bad side had to pay with their life. Just thinking about me gave me shivers. Why was he invited? Anyways I felt hungry and I went inside as well.

The moment I stepped inside Gina started howling. 'Mate! Mate! Mate!' she screamed inside my head. Immedietly I heard a voice in a thundering tone shout 'Mine!' I turned around to see who it was and my eyes went wide. No! Why him? I looked into his eyes and I literally saw them turn black. Why him of all people? Was the only question running through my mind.

Alpha. Caleb. Was. My. Mate.