Chapter 11

Aurora's pov

Over the past few days things have been getting a bit better. Me and Caleb used to make small talk. I had been attending the office and working alongside. But I could not help but notice that there was something strange going around in the office. The places of files were getting changed over and over again. I was puzzled.

One morning when I got up really early. While getting ready I remembered that I had to go to the office to complete some remaining work. It was still very early so I knew no one would be there. I took my keys out to open the door when I was shocked to discover that it was already open. I went inside and to my surprise I saw someone already in there.

It was Steven. One of the warriors. I was surprised because among the male members of the pack only the alpha, beta and third in command would come in the pack headquarters. The warriors only came in when assigned by the alpha. So, what was he doing in here? When he saw me enter he was shocked as well but quickly smiled and said, 'Oh, hello luna. Good morning. Why are you  here? Do you want something?'

'I want to ask you the same questions. STEVEN!' I replied in a threatening tone. I saw a file on his hand and asked him, 'What is that?'. He quickly said, 'Oh... Oh nothing, its just the alpha wanted it.......' He started saying.

'I am pretty sure he has not woken up right now. Anyways, if he does want that file then I will give it to him.' I said and proceeded to take the file out of his hands because of which he was not pleased. 'Luna, this is office work.' He started saying. 'I work here too in case you forgot Steven. Show me disrespect once again and you will be thrown out of here. Get out now!' I said to Steven. He looked angry but left.

What the hell was this warrior doing? Andrea told me that despite being  mediocre in his work he had big ambitions. He even tried to be third in command a few times. Caleb did not take any of his bullshit and just kept him as the average warrior in the pack which infruitated him even more. I took a look at the file which was in his hands. I was shocked to discover that it was file about the important details in the pack. I had to tell Caleb about this.

*LATER THAT DAY*

Caleb arrived in the office while I was already seated on my desk. 'So, what was it you wanted to talk about?' he asked. Andrea and Edward were also there as well. I told everything that happened with Steven this morning. By the end the expression that Caleb had on his face was dangerous. He looked dangerous. 'Please can you show me the file aurora?' he asked. I took it out of my desk and showed it. He took the file and opened it along with Edward by his side. They both looked worried. 'This is a very important file luna. Thank you for stopping him on time from taking this.' Edward said in a sincere voice.

'We need to have a talk with Steven.' Caleb said and I was startled because he said it in his alpha voice. 'Aurora, I will go to Steven along with Edward. Take care of the office.' He said to me. I nodded slowly.

He suddenly came up to me and hugged me. I was shocked. He inhaled my scent and said, 'I didn't mean to speak with you in the alpha tone but I am angry. Let me hold to calm myself down otherwise I might kill that bastard Steven.' He said and pulled away. He left the alpha's office after looking at me.

What was going to happen now?