Chapter 12

Caleb's pov

I was infruitated. The file contained very important details about our pack that only me and Edward were the ones who could touch it. Nobody beyond that. If aurora had not stepped in on time then the file would have been stolen. I already had a doubt that the steven was sneaking information out but today it was proven. That bastard! I was going to make him pay.

I left the pack house with a few of my warriors and walked towards Steven's place. I knocked on his door loudly. He opened it and said, 'Oh alp....' SMACK! I slapped him so hard that he fell down. 'Why were you taking that file?' I asked him in a threatening voice. 'Because I wanted to.' he replied with a smirk. Shameless!

'That is not the answer I wanted.' I said once again. 'I see that your little, precious mate tells you everything. Fine I took the file. I don't like this pack.' He said in a sly voice.

I punched him hard again. 'Be thankful that you are in this pack. It is one of the greatest. A worthless, lazy person like you deserves to live the life of a rogue. Who are you sneaking the information to?!' I asked him.

'Who else do you think? Micah!' he said in a sarcastic voice and my veins froze. Micah?!

'Why?' I growled at him. 'Because he was making me rich.' Steven replied back. Micah was a cruel alpha. His pack was known as the darkest and the cruelest. He already had a mate but still had various mistresses. His mate and subjects were miserable but he didn't seem to care about all that. Women were treated very badly in his pack. It was hell for them. He was only after one thing. Destroying other packs and taking their riches. He was an alpha worse than rogues. I tried my best to maintain distance from him to keep my pack safe. But as my pack was a flourishing amd large one I know that he wants to attack me. And that is the reason he was interested in knowing about my pack. I closed my eyes. If he wanted to attack and wanted a war, so be it! I will prepare myself. I punched him one last time and was about to get up when he replied with a smirk, 'Do you think your pack is the only thing he wants?' 'What do you mean my that?' I growled back at him.

'You have a very precious thing alpha that he is after.' He said. 'What is it?' I growled again. 'Your mate. Aurora!' He replied with a victorious smile. 'He lusts after her. Dreams about her. Wants to make her his. Once you are put of the way, he can easily get what he wants. Personally, I also see why, she is one heck of a fiesty, sexy werewolf.............' before he could finish the vulgar thing he was saying I punched him, again and again. I was blinded by rage now. How dare he speak about aurora? My aurora? I was punching him so hard that he was in the brink of death. My beta and third in command had to pull me away from him. I growled again and again. My wolf was threatening to come out. How dare he speak about my luna?

He was taken to the dungeons to be locked up while I cooled myself down. Micah wanted my mate! In his dreams. I will kill him before he can reach her. He was asking for a death wish. While returning to the pack house I thought about aurora. My aurora. If Micah reaches her she will live a miserable life. No! That will not happen to her. I will not let that happen. She is my mate. She deserves the best life. A happy one. Thinking about her made me feel calm. Aurora. Even her name made me feel better.

Reaching the pack house I first marched towards my room. I needed to take a shower. I was sweaty and messy after all that had happened.

I came out of the bathroom wearing a casual t-shirt and sweatpants while drying my hair with a towel. When I exited the bathroom I saw aurora standing in front of me. She was looking beautiful. She was putting a tray filled with food down on the table.

'Edward said you didn't have any lunch. So, i brought you something to eat.' she said in a sweet voice. My goodness, she was such a sweet person. The thought of my mate away from me is something which seemed unbearable. I took slow steps towards her and looked deep into her eyes. 'Caleb, is everything okay?' she asked with a concerned expression. I didn't know what to reply. I couldn't even reply anything. All I was seeing was her. Everything else seemed a blur. Leaning down, wrapping my arms around her, I kissed her.