Chapter 27

Aurora's pov

I could see that Caleb had been distancing himself from me again. It felt like the time before the war threat from Micah had come Back where he would always be two feet away from me.

Me and my wolf were feeling frustrated. We felt like going back to our old pack.  'BUT mate and pack needs us.' my wolf Gina said and I agreed with her. I just needed to cool my head.

When I was walking I was suddenly called by the beta of the pack Edward.

'Luna.' He said bowing his head down. 'You don't need to call me luna. You can call me aurora.' I said.

'I wanted to give you something.' He said with a serious. 'What?' I asked him. He handed me a key. I looked at him questioningly.

'Go to luna's cottage. I know that Caleb has shown you that. Right below her portrait.' He said and left. I was speechless.

Edward(the beta) pov
My mom had told me to give the key to caleb's mate when the time would be right. I hope that now that they have finally started warming up to each other the time is right. I just wish for my best friend to be happy and I know that aurora can make him.

Aurora's pov

I walked towards luna's cottage. This is where she had lived the last few months of her life. I blushed walking in because the memory of me and Caleb kissing here was still fresh in my head. He seemed more comfortable here.

I walked upto luna portrait. I searched and saw a small keyhole brlow barely noticeble. I put the key in and had some difficulty opening it. It seemed no one had opened it for years. Finally the key turned and the portrait just moved like a door surprising me. It was like a safe.

Inside I saw a huge box. I opened it and saw a envelope on top where it was written 'TO CALEB' S MATE'.

I opened the envelope and saw a letter inside it. It seemed quite old but was well preserved. I started reading it:

To my son's mate,

By the time you will be reading this letter I may not be alive. Let me introduce myself, I am angelica, caleb's mom.

The fact that you are reading this means that my little angel must have grown up a lot and must be the alpha of the pack now. I hope he treats with respect. I know that I taught my son to respect women. He must have grown up to be a good man. Right?

I know that having a mate is like the greatest blessing ever. Everyone looks forward to it in werewolves. Unfortunately I did not have this blessing but I pray everyday that my son will get a loving, caring mate. The world is a harsh place and he needs someone by his side. Because unfortunately I will not be here for long.

This is with the last bit of sanity I have  that I am writing this letter. I don't know but it feels like I am just giving up on myself everyday. I only feel scared for my son. What will happen to him?

Lately whenever I talk with him I feel like he has started believing that something like love between two mates dosent exist at all.

Because of whatever happened between me and his father he has put himself into a zone of darkness which he feels is his comfort zone and dosent want to come out of it.

But that's where I want you to step in my dear, please take his hand and take him out of that darkness and show him the light he has been missing.

Make him believe that something like forever exists. I know his only fear is that if he let's you on too much then one he will have a hard letting go. But please make sure that you tell him that he never has to let go because you will never let go either. Please tell him how life can be beautiful. How beautiful love and companionship is.

I know my boy has issues but let me tell you he is like a coconut, hard on the outside but really soft on the inside. He has a really beautiful smile and I am sure when he will open his heart and tear down his walls he will love and never leave you for evermore.

Just one last favour honey, please show patience with him, no matter how bad things get, don't leave, he needs you even if he dosent know it yet.

I love you as much as I love my Caleb. You are as important to me as he is. Stay healthy and happy sweetheart because as long as you are fine my son is too. My heart beats in his and I am pretty sure his in yours.

I hope you like him and love him. He must have grown up into an amazing man. I am sure.

Lots of love,
Mom.

P. S whatever is in the box is for you to see.

I folded the letter and lept it back in the envelope. Caleb was right. His mom really was an amazing women. I looked into the box and saw a camera taped to a envelope.

I opened the envelope and saw many pictures. They were of a baby, I knew it must be Caleb when he was little. There was a little boy helping his mom in kitchen, kicking a football, attending his first training in his tiny training gear, blowing birthday candles, wearing a school bag, playing sports, kissing his mom's cheek, making a mother's day card. I chuckled a little seeing those pictures. At the end there was a scroll of paper where it was written, 'Some precious memories of my angel that I took with this camera. No one knows about them except me, him and now you.'  it said.

I looked further and saw a jewellery box. I opened it and there were really amazing necklaces, bracelets, earring and other dazzling pieces in there. There was another note which said,' All of the these belong to you. They were my mother's and were passed down in my pack from generation to generation.' it said.

I kept it all back carefully. I will open that box once again at the right time. As I was about to close the portrait door I noticed a craving on it which said,' lots of love, mom.'

I smiled and closed it. Taking a deep breath locked it again with the key. Exiting the cottage I took a deep breath. Today was the day when i begin my new journey with my mate.