Chapter 17

Caleb's pov

I was getting ready for the alphas summit. As much as I hated it I had to go to keep my relations cordial with the other packs. Usually lunas come along with their mates over there but there was a chance of Micah coming so I decided to keep her here. I did not want him to look at her even once now. Putting on my coat I followed my beta to the entrance of the pack house. 'Stay safe.' someone suddenly said and I turned around to see that it was aurora. All I could do was give her a nod and leave.

After reaching the alpha's summit I started talking with everyone. Many alphas were over there including Alexander and his beta. I tried communicating with them because after all they were aurora's family and pack. I needed to maintain good relations with them. After a few hours I decided it was time to go back to my pack.

As I was leaving I suddenly i heard someone telling my name. I turned around to see it was Micah.

'Well, well, if it isn't alpha Caleb. Wow, you do look scary!' he said in a sarcastic tone. 'I don't want to beat around the Bush Micah, leave me and my pack alone.' I said to him in a serious tone. 'I will, but on one condition.' He said.

'What are you talking about?' I replied. 'Give me aurora. I will not look at your pack twice.' He said in a serious voice. I was getting angry.

'THE ONE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IS MY LUNA, SPEAK WITH RESPECT!' I said in an angry tone. 'Since when did you start caring about a mate, Caleb. Since when did you start caring about a girl and bowing down to a girl. I thought you were a mighty alpha.'

'Whatever you say aurora is my mate. I don't bow down to her nor does she bow down to me. We both stand as equals. Get out of here Micah. I don't want to fight with you outside the summit.' I said to him.

'Oh I will, I know it surprises you but sometimes I also follow the alpha code. It's okay.' He said in a low voice.

He came near me and whispered, 'But I will come soon Caleb and destroy you and that pack of yours and make aurora mine!' He whispered.

'In your dreams! You will not even touch my mate. Not on my watch. You want to attack, bring it on, I will be waiting! For you to die!' I replied back to him. He just glared at me and left.

I was not angry, all that was going on in my head was that there was going to be a war soon. I had to prepare my pack. And I know I will do it. After all I have aurora by my side. With those thought I rushed back to my pack.