Chapter 18

Aurora's pov

I could feel everyone around me getting apprehensive. I knew it was bacause of Micah. When Caleb came back from the alpha's summit I could see that he was very serious. I decided to go have a talk with Andrea, the beta's mate. Maybe she knew what happened. I was approaching her room when I suddenly heard two people talking, 'You mean to say there is going to be a war!' the first person said. 'Yes, most probably.' the second one replied. 'But what does Micah want.' the first one asked again. 'THE rumours are saying that he wants our luna.' the second one said again. 'Eew! That's disgusting. Actually, micah's whole pack is disgusting. But just because if our luna we are facing a war!' the first person said again. 'Yeah. I mean our luna is nice and all and I was so happy that after all these years I pack finally got a nice luna but I guess our pack is cursed. Every kuna comes with some kind of bad luck.' the second person replied back. They both gossiped a little bit more and went their ways.

I just stood there in my corner hiding, a hint of tears in my eyes. Was this all happening because of me? Was this pack as well as dad's pack in danger because of me? Was I the root of all the problems?

I ran outside to the garden. I sat down beneath a tree and tears were flowing out of my eyes. I never said it but some girls in my pack would gossip about me saying that I was a bad luck as both my parents died before I was born. I never believed but now this entire pack was in a danger because of me.

I knew one thing that I had to do. Go away! From here. Yes, that was the solution to everything. Without me this pack wouldn't be in danger.

I shifted into my wolf and started running towards the pack exit. I knew I had to. Go away!