Chapter 15

"Tell me if you want me to give you all my time
I wanna make it good for you 'cause you blow my mind
I promise, boy, that I'll be true, you're the perfect find
So tell me if you want me to, ooh ooh."
Groove Theory "Tell Me"

Geneva

"You just derive joy from annoying me, don't you?" I said, cutting my eyes at my sister while flinging the white dress that I just bought into the hamper. I got it just for tonight's occasion and now it's ruined.

"Eva, I swear I didn't mean to ruin your dress." I don't know how she thought it was a good idea to drink cranberry juice on my bed as my dress laid on it. As I did my makeup, she tried to cover it up by putting bleach on it and then spraying it with perfume to mask the smell. That was a bad idea.

If she had come clean about it, I could have tried a Tide pen but it's too late. I need to get it dry cleaned now. My main concern right now is finding something else to wear. It's such a bummer because when I tried it on in the store, I thought I looked so graceful while the dress flattered my curves.

"Whatever. Now, I have to choose another dress to wear. Don't you ever bring anything into my room again. I'm damn serious and I'm not going to repeat myself again."

"You have my word that this will never repeat itself again. Let me help you put something nice together real quick."

"No! Please, I would appreciate it if you don't move another inch. I would hate for you to spoil anything else."

"Come on sis. I said I'm sorry."

"I know. I just don't need any more setbacks. I'm already nervous about tonight and the time is fast approaching for me to leave."

"Why are you nervous? David told you everything was going to be fine. He said his folks are pretty nice."

"That's true, but I have a feeling that they'll be a little tough considering the circumstances. I know that they want to make sure he's dating the right person who won't lead him down the wrong path or take advantage of him."

"We all know you're not that kind of person. You're beautiful inside and out. They are going to love you. And if they don't, it's their loss. We love you and we'll always be there for you."

"You're trying to make me mess up this makeup." I fanned my face.

"I love you Geneva."

"I love you too Chev."

"Now, chop chop! Let's get you ready. You don't want to be late. Punctuality makes a good impression."

"Fingers crossed." Hoping for the best.
*************************************************

Dave

"What's her name? Please, let her in. Thank you." I heard Keyshia instruct our compound security over the phone. I checked my watch and saw that it was 6 on the dot.

"Is it Eva?" I asked, fixing my collar for the millionth time as I paced around the living room. I swear, this thing is choking me but I know it only feels like that because I'm nervous. I decided to unbutton the first two buttons on my shirt.