Chapter 12

"I don't wanna mess this up
Could it be too much to say I'm in—
I just wanna know what's up, do you feel it? 'Cause I think I'm in
Love (Love)
I guess it's all in my head until you let my body know
'Cause everyone needs you, babe
Want nobody but you, babe
So tell me what you gon' do, babe?
Not another love song."
Ella Mai "Not Another Love Song"

Dave

I took a step back and took a shot as Ric jumped up to block me. I watched the ball swish into the basket.

"And that's game." I won 10-4.

"At least I know who to go to if Ice wants to play basketball."

"Baby, he was cheating! Didn't you see when he pushed me?"

"It wasn't worse than when you tripped him and still missed the layup."

"Ric, just wave the white flag. This was the fourth game."

"Hell nah. I need another round. I'm just warming up."

"I wouldn't mind embarrassing you again, but that'll have to be another time. I have somewhere I need to be."

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going over to Geneva's place."

"It looks like you're there everyday. Things must be getting serious with y'all."

"How come we still haven't met her?"

"You will. Be patient."

"When are you going to make her your official girl?"

"Very soon. I'll see you three later." I ran inside to go up to my room to take a shower. After that, I just threw a hoodie and some sweatpants on. I sprayed on some of that cologne Eva likes before making my way out of the house to see her.

"You look good as always." I complimented Eva as we walked through her hallway.

"Thanks. I had to make a run to the bank this morning."

Okay. I guess you had to check on those millions of dollars you have stashed there."

"Yeah right. I don't like walking around without cash, so I went to take out some money."

"That's understandable. I think I got everything; the special fried rice, crab wontons, spring rolls, and dumplings." I removed the food from the bag and spread them across Eva's table. Today, we decided to order some Chinese takeout and I picked it up along the way.

 Today, we decided to order some Chinese takeout and I picked it up along the way