Chapter 11

"Sh*t got me stressin' three hundred and sixty-five nights
Them people workin' against us like we don't have rights
It don't matter what this money and this fame can give
I've been hurtin', tryna smile through the pain and tears
Wish we could go back to them days when we played as kids
A lot of sh*t changed, that's just the way it is."
Polo G ft. BJ the Chicago Kid "Wishing For a Hero"

Dave

"Get those boxes to the truck as soon as possible. Remember that this order has to be delivered today." I instructed one of the drivers.

It's really buzzing in here. I've got drivers bring dispatched for deliveries, workers putting orders together, and the rest checking on the supply. Boss chose a good team because I know how some people would have gotten high on the job or took the product home. Plus, we've got tracking devices on everything to prevent stealing.

I've been here since 7 on my feet, making sure things get done. I'm trying to get out of here by 12 because I'm taking two special people out for a treat.

"No problem. You can count on me, King."

"Good. I'll be in the office if anybody needs me." Just as I started walking over there, I heard a voice call me. I groaned already knowing who it is.

"King."

"What's up?" I turned around to see Draya.

I thought Heather was a pest, but Draya takes the cake

I thought Heather was a pest, but Draya takes the cake. Without a doubt, she takes it to a whole other level. I heard that she used to be the boss's main squeeze when there was trouble in paradise with his wife. She even messed around with Ferg. I swear that man is for the streets the way he's giving it to just anybody. That is none of my business. I'm not trying to get involved in any entanglements.

"Can you help me get a box from the supply closet?"

"Is there a reason why you need my assistance?"

"It's on the top shelf and you know that I'm short. Pretty please? Don't make me beg."

"Alright. Lead the way." I know she's going to try some slick sh*t, so I have to keep my eyes peeled. I don't have time for her games. I followed her to the supply closet. The lights automatically switched on as we stepped inside. I made sure to keep the door wide open. She pointed at this long box labeled baggies. I easily picked it up and handed it to her.

"Here."

"Thank you. I—." I left her standing there before she could utter another word. I went back to the office, closed the door behind me, and sat in my chair, ready to go back to work.