Chapter 5

"I'mma shine on these ho *ss n*ggas like all day
I'mma f*ck any girl I want, drive every car you don't
Rock anything I want, man, I wanna be rich
I wanna be rich, don't see nothing wrong with wanting more
I wanna be rich, so tired of sleeping on the floor
I wanna be rich, there's so much that I want
I want a house on the hill and a boat by the lake and most of all I wanna get paid, I wanna be rich."
Kirko Bangz ft. August Alsina "Rich"

Dave

"You got somewhere you need to be?" I looked to meet Mr. Cole's gaze. He's my parole officer. He's actually a really cool guy. I would probably say he's in his mid 50s.

"No. Why?" I lied.

"You keep checking your watch every five seconds." My eyes fixated on my wrist. Every time I looked down at my watch, I calculated in my head how long it would take me to get to my next destination. I'm meeting up with Geneva today and I don't want to be late, but I can't just up and leave this appointment due to its importance. It would look very suspicious and I would hate to get on Mr. Cole's bad side.

Geneva and I have been talking nearly everyday, getting to know each other. I have never felt so connected to a woman before. She's really different from the rest.

"I'm just having lunch with someone in about an hour."

"Like a date or just hanging out with a couple of your friends?"

"I wouldn't call it a date. I met this lady and we're going to eat lunch together for the first time."

"Well, don't let me hold you."

"For real?" My eyes light up and a smile creeped on my face. The Lord just answered my prayers.

"Yeah. We're pretty much done here. I wouldn't want you to be tardy and make a bad first impression."

"I really appreciate it, sir."

"Just know I'm going to haul your *ss in here if you fail that drug test." He warned me.

"You don't have to worry about that because that's not going to happen. Have a great day."

"You too." I quickly made it out of his office and retrieved my car from the garage. Let's get this show on the road.

I followed the directions from the GPS and reached the restaurant with 20 minutes to spare. As soon as I saw an open spot, I quickly pulled into it. Parking around here is so limited. If you don't find a parking space on the side of the road, you'll have to go park in the garage. I'm not about to pay $10 an hour. They are bugging on that rate. I already know it's going to be a struggle getting out of here because the traffic is heavy in the afternoon.

Nobody will let you back out into the street for even a few seconds. Some of these drivers are savages. I can't stand the ones that honk at you when the light just turned green like I need to make sure a lunatic is running a red light from the opposite direction. What's the hurry anyway? You should have left your house on time.