Epilogue

"Wake up every mornin' I pray
I done came a real long way (long way)
Every other city I go (I go)
I ain't ever gotta tell 'em my name (my name)
If you hatin' I just wanna say, "Thank you"
Know you doin' something right when they hate you
Runnin' 'round tellin' people how they made you
Only reason why they mad, 'cause they ain't you."
Dave East "Thank You"

Dave

I took a swig from my water bottle and cleared my throat, giving Angela Yee my undivided attention.

"So, we've talked about how it was growing up, the success of your sophomore album, and the world tour you just completed. We're going to switch over to a topic that people always mention and it's how private you keep your love life."

"Here you go. I knew this was coming." I laughed.

"Come on Dave. We want to know." Envy added.

"Is there anyone special in your life? Are you dating or crushing on somebody?"

"I have someone I'm very much in love with and that's all I'm going to say."

"Nah, you got to give us a little something." Charlamagne egged me on.

"You don't have to tell us her name or anything." I sat up in my chair. Let me settle this once and for all.

"I'll tell you this. She's been riding with me since I had nothing. Just as I would do for my Momma, I would give her my lung, my blood, my kidney and even my heart just to see her live because she helped me believe in myself and get closer to God. She gave some of the most priceless gifts in life and I'll forever love her for that."

"Wow, I think you're one of the first guests to come on here and speak so highly of someone they were with."

"I'm just being honest. I know she's listening right here and I want you to know that I love you baby."

"This woman has to be an angel because the way love is written all over your face, she can't be from this earth. She had to be sent from heaven. Are you following her on instagram?" I watched Angela pull out her phone.

"Angela is trying to see what she looks like."

"I know all your female fans want to know too. I bet you just broke a bunch of hearts right now."

"Ladies, you know you hold a special place in my heart because of the way y'all support me but you're each going to find a man or woman who will love and cherish you like the queen you are."

"Dave, I swear you have the sweetest tongue in the world." Envy shook his head.

"That's exactly what I was thinking. I see why these girls are crazy about you and how you got your girl to fall for you."

"That's his amazing writing ability right there."

"What can I say? It's a God given talent."

"Right, but you still didn't answer my question."

"No, I'm not following her on any of my social media."