Chapter 18

"If this is the kind of love that your mom used to warn you about
Man, we are in trouble (I'm in real big trouble)
You're in real big trouble (Lord knows I'm in trouble)
If this is the kind of love that the old folks used to warn me about (every day, every night)
I'm in trouble (I'm in real big trouble)
I'm in real big trouble (ooh)
You got anything to say, girl?"
Wyclef Jean ft. Mary J. Blige "911"

Dave

I bobbed my head and tapped the fingers of my right hand on the gear shifter as 'Can We Talk' played on the radio. I'm driving to the mall with Eva because I'm trying to cop these new kicks that just dropped. I don't like going to the mall in the middle of the week, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

I'm O F F P A R O L E! F*ck all you hating *ss n*ggas, I'm free.

I found the perfect spot for me and I've finally settled in. I didn't show anybody my new crib until I was satisfied with how it looked.
*************************************************

"So, what do you guys think?" I asked Keyshia and Ric after giving them a tour.

"I like it. It gives the vibe of a bachelor pad. You did a good job." Ric commented.

"It's nice." Keyshia responded. It sounded like she was hesitating to continue her statement.

"But?"

"I'm still a little confused on how you could afford all of this."

"I've been saving for over a year."

"Even at that. It's a gated community with 24/7 security, rooftop pools, and a fully equipped gym and spa."

"Keyshia, I'm sure Dave knows what's he's doing. He's not living above his means or doing anything fishy to get money."

"Exactly. I just need y'all to support me."

"And we do. I didn't mean to sound like I was getting on you. Congratulations."

"Thank you."

"We're going to miss you at home."

"I'll come over every now and then."

"I can't believe you're going out into the world on your own. It's like you came home yesterday." She hugged me, getting all teary eyed.

"I know. Time flies." After they left, Bagg and Ari helped me set up for the special night I had planned for Eva and I to celebrate me taking the next step in my life.

"Do you think this is too much?" I was doing a glance over at all the roses petals. I made a pathway leading to the bedroom and the bathroom, while I sprinkled some into the tub. With candles, I spelled the word love on the bench I had in front of the bed.

"Yes." Demario replied.

"No. Don't listen to him. He's never done anything romantic like this."

"Because you would jump on me before I had the chance to show you anything."

"Whatever."