Chapter 4

"Girl, I know this might seem strange
But let me know if I'm out of order for stepping to you this way
See I've been watching you for a while
And I just gotta let you know that I'm really feeling your style
'Cause I have to know your name
And leave you with my number, and I hope that you would call me someday
If you want you, can give me yours too
And if you don't well I ain't mad at you, we can still be cool 'cause."
Musiq Soulchild "Just Friends (Sunny)"

Dave

"Okay, we'll see you soon. Bye." I said as I needed the call with a customer. Her car was finished being serviced and is ready to be picked up.

I've been working at Ric's vehicle repair shop for about three weeks now and I have learned so much. I can do oil changes, battery replacements, and brake repairs on my own. I'm still trying to master tire installations and rotations.

This is just a temporary job until I get on my feet and find out what I really want to do. The pay is good and I like how my schedule is. I don't work weekends, and I'm off Wednesday and Friday. I do get really dirty and sometimes my back hurts but at the end of the day, there's dignity in labor.

The crew is cool and were really receptive when I stepped on the scene. They have taken me under their wings and we all work together like a well oiled machine. No pun intended.

I've been working mostly at the front desk today, but I've also been in the back when there was an oil change that needed to be done if everyone was busy.

I picked up an invoice from the printer to give to a guy waiting at the cashier. I set up the amount due on the register so he could pay before I handed him his keys. As I attended to him, I heard the front door alarm chime. I looked over to see the mystery lady from the hair store.

She is so breathtaking

She is so breathtaking. She just owns the room when she walks in the room.

The guy's receipt printed out and I stapled it to the invoice before sending him on his way. She stepped up to the counter once he left.

"Welcome to Smooth Ric's. How can I help you?"

"Hi. For the past few days, my car takes several times to turn on. There are no warning lights showing up on the dashboard. I just want to get it checked out and fix whatever the problem is."

"It sounds like you need a new battery, but I'll examine your car to make sure."

"Okay. Sounds good."

"Just give me a couple of minutes to assess it."

"No problem. Here are the keys." As she placed the keys into my hand, I got a small feel of her soft skin. It did something to me like a rush of electricity flowing through my body.