Chapter 10

"To me my girls is fancy fly b*tches
To my n*ggas straight snitches and to them other chicos
Lady pimp ain't havin' that sh*t
If you ain't got the cash to stash, suck my d*ck h*es
Strictly a bell ringer
Lay another finger on this big bad wolf miss lady rap singer
I be the one to blame as the flames keep risin'
To the top and it don't stop."
Lil' Kim ft. Left Eye, Missy Elliott, Angie Martinez & Da Brat "Not Tonight (Ladies Night Remix)"

Geneva

"Girl, are you trying to finish the whole bottle?" I snatched the wine bottle from Dionne's hand before she could pour another glass. It's my second to last bottle from the McBride Sisters black girl magic collection. It's so hard to find them in stores because they're always sold out.

It's girls night and all of us are at my place except for Chev. She's out of town for work. As an event planner, she does a lot of travel like me but she usually stays in the country. Once Chev builds a huge clientele, she plans to start her own company.

She can't wait to put together my baby shower. Mom has already declared that she will have complete control over my wedding. I love how those two are prepared when I'm not even at the point in my life yet.

"I need to. Brian has me stressed out."

"What did you do this time?"

"What did I do? Why are you assuming that I did something wrong?"

"We know you. I'm not saying Brian is perfect and doesn't make mistakes, but you know you have a problem." Amber replied.

"What is that?"

"You can be mean sometimes. You like to hide your feelings and act like you don't need anybody's help. You refuse to let your guard down."

"You didn't even let me explain what happened!" Someone's getting defensive.

"Go ahead. We're listening." We gave her the floor. I already suspect what transpired between them.

"So, last night I came from work and he surprised me by having dinner ready."

"Awww." Jada cooed. Dionne just rolled her eyes and continued.

"Anyway, he brought up the issue about meeting my parents again."

"And."

"When I tried to change the subject, he got upset. He said that if I don't introduce him, that may be the end of our relationship. His tone made it sound like he was giving me an ultimatum. How dare he threaten me like that?"

"You must be on something." I exasperated.

" I exasperated