Chapter 5 - It doesn't matter who I am

Noelles Pov:

Righ now we're sitting on the bleachers and are watching Mason playing soccer.

Mason team leads with one point.

On my left is dad and on my right is Skylar.

Dad asked if I cried because of my red and puffy eyes but I said everything is fine.

Caroline didn't come with us because she didn't feel well and Jackson is at his friends house.Well we think that.

"I'm getting food do you want something?"Dad asked and stands up.

Skylar and I shook our heads and dad walked away.

Suddenly the guy next to Sky put his hand on her thigh and squeezed it."Excuse me?"she said and put his hand away.

"Oh your a feisty one."He smirked at her and tried to do it again but I pushed him away.

"Hands off!"I said to him harshly while glaring at him angrily.

He snorted and asked."And who the hell are you?"

"I'm.."I looked at Sklar and she looked at me with scared eyes."It doesn't matter who I am.What matters is that you don't ever touch her like that or in any way again."I said to him angrily and sat down between the guy and Sky.

Skylar grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers.She hold on my hand tight and I started caressing the back of her hand with my thumb.After a few seconds her grib on my hand loosened a bit.

"Oh now I get it."the guy started and we looked at him confused."She's your girlfriend."he continued.

"She's not my girlfriend."I responded and rolled my eyes.

"Well you look gay."he said and smirked at me.

"Well and you look like an asshole so can you just leave us alone?"I asked while glaring at him.

He rolled his eyes and stood up and walked away.

I turned to Sklar and squeezed her hand so she looks at me."Are you alright?"I asked her softly and she just nodded and then turned back to watch the game.She mumbled a small 'thank you' but didn't turned to me.

After a few minutes Dad came back with a hotdog and a water and sat down next to Skylar.

When dad came she let go of my hand but put her head on my shoulder.

I froze when she did that but slowly relaxed when I felt her breath on my neck.

2 hours later

We're at home now and me and Skylar are in our room.I'm laying on my mattress while reading and Sky is on her phone.

"So..what are you doing tomorrow?"she suddenly asked.

"Nothing..why?"I asked while sitting up and looked at her.

"Do you wanna go to the beach with me and the others?"she started and I tilted my head.

Beach?In December?

"I know it's December but it's warm outside.."she started rambling and I started laughing.

She stopped talking and looked at me with an raised eyebrow.

"Of course I go to the beach with you guys."I responded and she smiled at me.

"Great."Skylar said happily and sat up.She patted the spot in front of her and I stand up and sat then in front of her.

"So..are you excited for your first school day on Monday?"she asked and I shrugged.

"I don't know..I'm a little nervous but exited?I don't think so."I replied and she sat a little closer to me.

"But..don't you want to have some friends?"she asked and gave me a small smile.

"I don't need friends."I responded."At home I didn't had them either."I continued with a shrug.

"I don't want you to be alone at school.."she mumbled and looked down.

"I'm not alone.I have you."I said and she looked up and smiled.

"But I'm not always with you.And I have cheerleader practice after school."She replied and I grin at her.

"Why did I knew that you're a cheerleader?"I said smirking at her.

"Oh shut up."she playfully pushed me but smiled.

She then layed down on her back and put her head in my lap."You can eat with me and my friends at lunch if you want."she suggested and smiled up at me.

"I don't think that's a good idea.."I started and looked down at her."I mean..what about your social status?I'm a loser and you're a cheerleader I-"I stopped talking when she cups my cheeks.

She shook her head and smiled up at me."I don't care about that.Your going to sit with us and when my friends don't like that then they can go.If they're my friends they going at least try to like you but it's not really hard to not like you."she said and caressed my cheeks softly.

"How did I deserve you as an friend?"I asked her and she just shrugged while smiling.

She squeezed my cheeks softly before letting them go.I immediately missed her touch.I don't know why but I just do.