Chapter 6 - Isn't there something good about moving here?

Noelles Pov:

Skylar sat up and leand her back against my front.

At first I didn't know what's happening or what I should do but after a few seconds I slowly wrapped my arms around her waist.

She placed her hands on mine and I was about to put my head on her shoulder when I heard Caroline shout from downstairs."Girls dinner!"

I let go of Skylars hands and she stood up and holds her out for me to grab.I took her hand and she pulled me up.

We then walked downstairs and sat down at the dinner table.

I'm sitting between Sky and Mason and dad,Caroline and Jackson are sitting across from us.

"So how was the game?"Caroline asked and coughs.She must be really sick.

"It was amazing!We won with one point."Mason squealed and smiled widly at his mother.

"That's great honey."Caroline responded with a smile.

"And you girls?Did you had fun?"She then looked at us and we nodded.

"Who cares about her opinion?"Jackson asked harshly while glaring at me.

"Jackson!"dad warned.

"What?Why is she even here?"he continued and I tried as hard as possible to keep my tears in.

"Jackson stop it!"Skylar snapped at him but he didn't care.

"What?!She comes here and can't even tell us why?!She's not a part of the family and never will be!"he snapped back and I couldn't keep my tears inside anymore.

I stood up and walked to the front door.I quickly got my shoes on and grabbed my longboard which a brought with me from Germany and rushed out.

I don't know where I'm driving but I stopped when I saw a park.I got off my longboard and picked it up.I walked through the park and sit down on a park bench.

I took of my phone and looked at the time.It's 7pm.I sighed and laid my head back.

"What does a young girl doing out here so late?"I opened my eyes and saw a older woman.

"I just needed some air.."I lied and quickly wiped my tears.

She sat down next to me and placed her hand on my back."Why don't you tell me the truth sweetie."she asked softly.

I sniffed and got through my hair."Well I moved to my dad yesterday.He has a son who's two years older than me and he hates me and I don't know why.And at dinner earlier he brought something up that's really hard for me.."I explained and looked down.

"But..isn't there something good about you moving there?"she asked and I smiled a little when I thought about Skylar.

I think I'm developing a crush on her.Everytime she smiles or just lookes at me I get butterflies in my stomach and can't help but smile.

It scares me that I might like her.After all she's still my stepsister.We're not blood related but still she's kind of my sister.

"Judging from your look it's a person?"the woman asked and I nodded with a smile.

"Her name is Skylar.Even though I know her just a day we're already pretty close."I started and she smiled at me.

"But the thing is..she's my stepsister.Well we're not blood related because my my dad and his new wife adopted her but still.."I looked down and fiddled with my fingers.

"You can't chose who you fall in love with."she started.

Love?I don't think about love yet.I just think I like her.

"I don't think of love yet.."I told her and she nodded.

"Yeah but you will get there.But if she's not related with you I don't think there's a problem."she replied and sighed.

"I don't even know if she likes girls.."I mumbled.

"You'll never know.Maybe she likes girls?Or you're the first girl she likes."the woman said and I shrugged.

"Well I have to go.."she stopped talking and tilted her head."Noelle."I said quickly and she smiled."I'm Marla.It was nice to meet you."

"Maybe we see each other again Noelle.Goodbye."she said and stood up.

"Goodbye."I said and she walked away.