33 | Bad Decisions

______

______

RAINA WAS SHOVING HER FEET INTO A PAIR of Gucci trainers, about to head out the door, when Amelie stuck her head out of the kitchen.

"Going somewhere?" The blonde asked. It was about lunchtime, but Amelie was still in pyjamas, like Raina would be in too, under any other circumstances. Her short hair was held back in a messy low bun, brown eyes narrowed upon Raina.

They hadn't spoken since the party, not really. She hadn't gotten the opportunity to ask Raina about Anakin. Raina especially had been praying that Amelie wouldn't get the opportunity to do so.

She'd even skipped breakfast this morning just so she didn't have to sit under those scrutinising brown eyes. And Maye seemed to be in a bad mood, locked away in her room. And Juliet wasn't answering her phone. And Freya had gone off with Matthew.

Raina evaded Amelie's question, tying her laces quickly. "Have you heard from Juliet?"

Amelie blew out a breath, clearly aware of Raina's evasion tactics. They weren't slick, after all.

"No," said Amelie. "I'm starting to worry."

"Yeah," sighed Raina. "I left her with Helena. Who knows what happened? Maybe Chapstick stabbed her with a Louboutin and stuffed her up the chimney?"

Amelie shuddered. "As terrifying as that sounds, I wanna guess that she just hooked up with someone from the party. God knows we could all use a little stress-relief."

Raina looked Amelie up and down. "And you and Karsyn? Any stress-relief there? Where were you for the entire party?"

Amelie's cheeks reddened slightly. It was nice to know that Raina wasn't the only one capable of blushing uncontrollably.

"It's so weird," said Amelie, leaning against the doorframe. "It's weird to say out loud that I'm dating Karsyn Arsov."

"It's weird to witness too," agreed Raina. They'd all been there when nearly all the girls in their year had the hots for Freya's older brother, much to her irritation. "But I'm glad you're happy, Ams."