42 | Vodka and Therapy

___________

___________

"STAY IN THE CAR, SETH," Raina said as she climbed onto the street, eyes levelled at the grey warehouse that matched the darkening sky overhead.

"Raina, this place doesn't look that safe," Seth said, but she cut him off, shutting the door of the Benz and walking across the street.

She hoped Seth wouldn't follow her. The last thing any of them needed was more people knowing about Matthew's gang.

A beefy-looking man was standing at the door, a gun tucked into the waistband of his jeans. Raina tried to look fearless as she approached him, falling out of Seth's view at the side of the building.

She lifted her chin. "I want to talk to Matthew."

The man lifted a brow, taking her in, from the miniature gold hoops fitted with sparkling diamonds at her ears to the Gucci logo embellished on her leather ankle boots. It was quite clear she didn't belong here. "Walk away while you still can, little girl," he sneered.

Raina refused to be intimidated by his stare. But she was. He was twice her size and armed. The grinning skull on the inside of his wrist didn't help her either. It leered crudely at her.

She shuddered, not from the cold.

"Let me talk to Matthew," Raina repeated.

The man shook his head as if he couldn't believe her gall. "Go home, girlie. The boss isn't here."

Raina took a step back at that. His car hadn't been in the lot at Arrowsmith, though. She'd assumed he'd be here. But there had been no sleek, matte black Audi parked on the street outside the warehouse.

Finally, she cut her dark eyes to the man once again and decreed, "Fine. I want to talk to his Second. Let me talk to Grayson."