Prologue

I have always been walking alone. It is normal to me if no one notices me. Sometimes, I wonder why I was brought into this world, and sometimes even why I'm alive. I feel nothing except pain, and all people bring to me is pain. I have no one except my family. Oh, my family. It feels like I don't even have one. They no longer care about what I do and, well, they basically ignore me and forget about me all the time. Sometimes I think I am not even a part of this neglecting family!

At school I get into tons of trouble: if teachers don't leave me alone when I don't want to work, I yell and curse at them. But that only prompts me to end up in detention. I always get to school late and class too. I don't follow dress-code rules, and I definitely don't listen to the teachers. People at school see me as the Goth, trouble maker. The thing is, yeah, I am a trouble maker, but I am not Goth, though I do dress up like one sometimes, I'll have to admit. I listen to rock and R&B, and I draw and write. I can sing and dance, but I don't do it anymore. Oh, and before I forget, my name is Rachel Bliss. I am a brunette with green eyes and tan skin. I have a tongue, belly button, and nose ring, and my whole left ear is pierced. I just thought you should know.

I am seventeen, and the best part is that this is my last year in high school. I have also just transferred to a new school, because my father has just transferred to another office.

We used to live in Georgia, and now we have moved all the way to North Carolina. Great. A new school, a new house, and best of all, a completely new life. Great, great. But I have a goal this time: I shall not push people away. Not this time. Yes, I am still going to be the same trouble maker that I've always been, and I will still dress the same. I shall just not say or do the stupid, weird stuff I used to do to push people away.

Even if no one notices me because I am new at a school, guys would kill for me. That is, until I start making trouble and doing weird things. Oh, and saying weird things really kills the mood too.

We finally arrive at the airport. The trip seemed to go on forever. But I am happy to be out of it. I push people out of my way as I run out of the airport after getting my bags, and I can hear people cursing and jeering at me as they drop their luggage. I don't care. I just want some fresh air.

As the doors open, I step outside. Yep, it isn't a dream, I am finally in North Carolina. It sucks, but I hate airplanes. I never want to travel again. This is also why I will never get into my dad's profession: he travels to different countries every week, and I never see him. Yet I don't see why he has an office if he is never there anyway. But right now, I don't care: it is his office-transfer that has caused the move, and right now I can't really say anything other than "Yuppie!" Yeah, that maybe sounds a bit silly, but there is nothing I'm going to miss about Georgia, and maybe it will be different here. God, I really hope so!