Edgar

I drove myself to school for the remainder of the week and I haven’t seen Uscher for days I I’m really starting to get worried. I’ve been around his house but there has been no one home.  I’m really worried I mean after our fight and then Edgar showing up and him not been home. Maybe something happened to him. I mean Edgar was involved in gangs and stuff when I knew him maybe Uscher got pulled in into his problems and got hurt. Oh my god I better forget that he did not get hurt. Well I hope not. Then I pulled up into the school parking lot and I saw Uscher’s car there. Yes! He’s okay. I parked right beside his car and got out. I saw him leaning against his car talking to someone but I wasn’t quite sure who so I walked over.  Then right when I was almost right next to him I froze. It was Edgar.

“Oh hey babe sorry I didn’t pick you up but you were already gone” said Uscher with a smile walking towards me.

“A-A um it’s fine.” I stuttered. I was still staring at Edgar in shock. He better not be attending this school now or I will kill myself. I kissed Uscher well he kissed me but who cares right. We walked back to where he was leaning against the car and I lay beside him far away from Edgar while Uscher wrapped his arm around my waist.

“So you’re not the only new kid” said Edgar. Shittttt!!!! Noooo! My life just made a quick turn and now I hated it.

“He’s going to be here for a while” said Uscher.

“Great” I said under my breath.

“Damn can you be any happier” said Edgar.

“No shit” I said rudely I stood up and walked away. I wasn’t sure if the bell had already rung but I started to walk to go inside the school. How could he even come here? Is like my past was fallowing me I will never get rid of it.

“Babe wait up!” yelled Uscher.

“What?!!” I yelled. I stopped walking and looked back. I noticed everyone staring at us. Some guys even had their phones out ready to record. What the biggest breakup of the year?

“I’m sorry. About everything and even that I wasn’t here but he has to hide over here for a bit” said Uscher grabbing my hands.

“Then I just won’t hang out with you while his around you” I said pulling my hands away and walking through the double doors and then I walked to my locker. I stood in front of my locker for bit thinking. I mean school with Edgar last year was terrible and now I have no idea. I wanted to start fresh but that image of what happened last year with Edgar at that stupid party keeps on coming back every time I see him.  It’s not like I have a trauma or something but it sucks. I hate remembering that night. But I was going to get over that one day and hopefully maybe today. I still felt bad about leaving Uscher like that I mean I liked him I really did but Edgar happened to be getting between us somehow. The first fight we had was about him and now it was also about him.  I slide down the lockers and sat on the floor with my knees up to and my head on top of my knees while I wrapped my arms around them and as I look up I see Uscher again.

I gave him a small smile and he squatted down next to me.

“I am sorry” he whispered.

“Me too” I say.

“I didn’t mean for this to happen I mean we’ve only been dating for a week and we’re already fightin’ I don’t want us to fight no more” said Uscher looking at me.

“I know I mean it’s not your fault. I just can’t stand Edgar been here” I said staring at him.

“Hey you wanna get out of here” said Uscher standing up and extending his hand out to me.

I smile and grab his hand and stand up.

“Whose car are we taking” I ask.

“How about yours I don’t think we’ll be back for a while” said Uscher holding my hand.

“Okay” I said handing him my keys.

“I thought you never let anyone drive your car” he said looking at me in surprise.

“I know. But I trust you” I said with a smile and we walked out to the parking lot together. There were still a lot of students there and they all stared. Some girls were smiling but when they saw us smiling and holding hands their smiled disappeared. I guess they thought we had broken up. When we reached my car Uscher unlocked the doors and he opened the passenger door for me and I got in. It only took him a few seconds to get to his seat and I happily waited. I had no idea where we were going but I was happy. We were no longer arguing and Edgar wasn’t here. We talked about the songs that were playing from his IPod. And magically we had exactly the same taste in music he had all the songs I liked on his IPod and he knew everything about each artist and a little more than me which didn’t bother me I always like learning new things. It just shocked me a bit because I thought I was a music junkie but if you knew music like him then he must really be high on them tracks. Right. Then we started talking about how New York was so beautiful at night with all the lights turned on from the buildings and stores and we complained how the traffic sucks because of all the taxis and other cars I mean you stand in the same spot for about twenty minutes before you move and when you do you move about two inches. Ridiculous right. Then we talked about Los Angeles. We also complained about that place because we both agreed we were excited to when we found out we were going there but when we did get there we wanted to leave because it was nothing like they make it look like on movies and brochures. I mean yeah is hot as hell but the only good part is the Hollywood sign on the hills. The rest is all dried up and looks like no one lives there. Is just an empty desert. No cars, no stars, no nothing.  Just a whole lot of gambling and casinos with cheating dealers.  So, yeah that’s how the whole ride went we complained and complained about different places and then we complimented islands like Hawaii and the Bahamas. Oh and when we mentioned Puerto Rico we both started talking about their delicious food that wasn’t so healthy because let me tell you am part puertorican and we basically fry everything and is not often you see a healthy puertorican in Puerto Rico. We talked about our favorite animals and guess what we had the same favorite wild animal which was the lion. He said he liked it because it’s the king of the jungle and it looks nice and furious and I said I like it because it just looks soft and it looks like a nice animal you just want to hug it but then you think about it and you’re like nah I’m good I wanna keep my hands. I got a lot of things to do and create with my hands that I haven’t done like create the next historical statue! It was a great ride but before I even realized it an hour had past and I had to ask him where we were going but when I looked out the window we were on a boat alley.

“What are we doing here” I asked in confusion.

“You’ll see” he said mysteriously.

“What” I asked stupidly.

“Just get in the boat” he said pointing to this huge boat. Was it even a boat?