Signed

“There is no upper hand I’m giving you mine it doesn’t have to end up wasting your time there’s things that I could say but hear it my way I want to let you know that it’s all okay..” This was my last line and Uscher cut in with his verse. I just smiled. This is our twentieth gig and it felt great singing with them and hearing the crowd. It felt like we were famous people on the streets are starting to recognize us. We often played here too the manager says this club gets packed when they hear we’re going to play and he says we are making him money by playing here. That he has never seen this place so packed.

That makes me happy to hear that people would pay to see us. I just wish we got a record deal already. I bet we would become a sensation over night.  We finished the song and we said thank you like always and walked off stage. I placed my bass on my back and we all headed to a table. We were all starving but when we reach our table there is a man sitting there. Not just a random dude he looked professional. He has a suite on and some fancy sunglasses. He looks handsome and he has black hair. When we are close to the table he stands up and rises his glasses.

“Hi I’m Mr. Brown and I’m the manager of Hollywood records”

“Oh my god!” I yelled. I was surprised too what was he doing here. Uscher stared at me with huge eyes and then he became all serious.

“I’m Uscher this is my girlfriend Rachel and that’s my brother Edgar” he said pointing at us when he said out names.

“So, this is behind the scenes huh. The band everyone is going crazy for” said Mr. Brown with a smile. “I would like to sign you guys to my record label hopefully I’m the first one to say this”

“Wow yes you are and we are lucky” says Edgar still in shock.

“I will give you guys some time to talk about this and you can call me” said Mr. Brown handing us a card with his number on it. Uscher looked at both of us and we nodded.

“Um I don’t think we need to talk about this. We would love to record with your label” said Uscher.

“Then is settled I will see you guys in a few days in California” said Mr. Brown.

“California?” said Edgar stupidly.

“It is Hollywood records” said Mr. Brown.

“No problem we’ll be there” I said and at that instant Mr. Brown smiled and walked away.

Oh my god! I believe we just got signed with Hollywood records. This is great we have only been playing for a couple months and we already have a record label waiting for us when other bands took them years to get discovered. My life had been going great since I moved here. This is the greatest day for Behind the Scenes. This is great. The only problem is that Hollywood records is all the way in California.

“California” said Edgar with a frown.

“Look I’m sure our parents won’t mind and what there is only a month left for school we can complete that online and we are old enough to make our own decisions” I said.

“She has a point brother” said Uscher.

“True.” Said Edgar.

“Hey! We just got discovered you guys!”  I yelled and everyone heard me. They all started to scream for us and Behind the Scenes just hugged. This was the best day ever.

Wow! It has been going so well for us. This band is awesome! Now all I have to do is call my father and tell him what’s going on. He never thought we were serious but Edgar, Uscher and I were already talking about recording way before we got discovered. Uscher’s mom has a friend in the music business and they said they would help us out and advertise for us and everything all we had to do was make hits. But now that we actually had someone interested in us not a friend we are actually proud. It’s great I mean never in a million years would I have thought I would be living in North Carolina with a boyfriend, happy, with a band and a record deal. I mean I would have never guessed. I didn’t even care my father was never home I didn’t mind actually because Uscher spent the nights with me and we watched movies and made recipes and fooled around. We also had band practice downstairs in this room that is huge and I believe it should be a theater of course if my father found out this I would get killed. But then again who cares I am seventeen and about to graduate. Which by the way in the first time in my life I have straight A’s and I didn’t get suspended or detentions this year well since I transferred. Not only that I have millions of letters and emails from universities and Uscher, Edgar and I are planning to attend the same school we just don’t know which since all of us have almost the same school pleading for us. Of course most of these universities want us because our musical and sports abilities since we have been playing sets on the dances and concerts on half time in football games. Plus I have been playing softball and volleyball while Edgar and Uscher have been playing football, basketball and baseball. It was ridiculous because when football season ended they started playing basketball and baseball and they had to struggle to get to practice; thankfully none of the games were on the same day. Yeah but now I got bigger things like calling my dad all the way in London. They phone ran it felt like forever but he finally picked up after eight rings.

“Hey love” said my father.

“Hey I got some news” I said excitedly through the phone.

“Yeah what more colleges?” asked my father.

“Well yeah but I got a record deal with Hollywood records” I said happily and proud.

“Oh, really? A solo or what?” asked my father confused.

“Ah no my band remember Behind the Scenes” I said annoyed.

“Oh yeah well that’s great” said my father I could almost see him frowning not happy at all.

“I’m moving to California” I said rolling my eyes.

“What?” said my father shocked.

“Yep it’s not like anything will change you never see me so nothing will change except my location” I said.

“Rachel you have to think…” I cut my father off.

“I already did I will get an apartment or small house with the rest of the band we already agreed” I said rapidly.

“Rachel-“I once again cut him off.

“Dad this may only happen once so there is nothing you can do to change my mind” I said.

“Fine tell me when you’re leaving” said my father giving up.

I hung up.