I smile

I heard him sing. That was what brought me back. I stared at him and tried to smile while he sang the last line I could tell he’s happy I’m awake. He has apologized a million times and every time my father left the room he l kept on apologizing but my father left for good the same day I woke up from the comma. Of course I expected him to leave his job has always been more important I just hoped he didn’t leave. I was still happy do Uscher is here and I’m alive. When I was in the warehouse and I noticed I got shot when I fell to the floor I felt my eyes drift off and then when I closed my eyes I heard the sirens but I felt peace. I felt peace and joy I wanted to go. It just felt so peaceful and it was like a whole lot of freedom but then I started to think about Uscher and my dad and how I am so young I can’t possibly leave them and that was when I felt the shocks on my chest I thought maybe I was inside the ambulance. Then I felt nothing I just laid there. I couldn’t move or talk I couldn’t even open my eyes. I felt really cold too and my mouth it was so dry. It didn’t even feel like two weeks it felt like a couple hours and god was I tired. I just wanted to sleep for days and do nothing.

Uscher told me my face was pale like if I was dying. I just smiled. He said once I started to eat my color came back just a bit. I finally before night I took a shower which he helped me get in the shower since I forgot how to walk. I know right who forgets o walk it’s something you should know for life. Now all I need is a small twenty minute tan and I will be just the right color like I was before.

Then I remember how I told him we should start a band after I get out of here and I smiled. Him and I on a band how would that work.

“So, a band?” I say weakly. Uscher chuckles and Edgar takes a seat next to Uscher and smiles.

“You know your boyfriend and I used to have a band just a couple years ago” said Edgar smiling.

“Oh really. What happened?” I asked searching Uscher’s eyes with a smile.

Edgar took a deep breath. “I started causing trouble” he said.

“Oh” I murmured.

“He maybe all three of us can start a band together. Edgar told me you’re a good singer and his great on drums and I am good on the bass” said Uscher. I smiled.

“And I can play guitar” I said.

“You can play?” asked Uscher.

“I can play guitar, bass, drums, and the keyboard” I said proudly.

“Aren’t you the musician” said Uscher smiling. I laughed and so did Edgar.

It was six o’clock and the doctor had said I could leave. I decided to get up and get dressed. I was able to walk this time but Uscher still helped me walk to the bathroom. He waited outside with Edgar until I got ready. My father had brought me some clothes before he left he didn’t tell me what he brought he just said he grabbed some stuff from the closet and threw it on the bag.

I opened the bag and saw a knee length purple dress and a leather jacket. Then there was a tank top and some shorts and jeans. I noticed he wasn’t lying because if he had checked he would have never picked these clothes. I decided to put on the purple dress with the leather jacket and some sandals that were in the bag. I passed the brush through my hair and left it down. I washed my face again before opening the bathroom door. Then I walked back and looked at myself in the mirror. I smiled. And I whispered “thank you god for letting me live another day” and then I walked out and closed the bathroom door.

“Ready?” asked Uscher.

“Yeah” I said with a smile.

Edgar picked up the bags and carried them all the way to the car. When I saw the car I smiled. It was my car my Ferrari I thought it was long gone. But it was here I just smiled.

“I hope you don’t mind I brought the car back over here” said Edgar.

“You have the guts to get in my car?” I said sarcastically.

“I risked it” said Edgar with a sarcastic smile.

I just smiled. I found myself doing that lately. I feel like we’ve been through the worst. I almost died, Uscher lied to me but we are good now and Edgar well he admitted he loved his brother. I know for sure that if none of this had happened he would have never admitted he cared for his brother or even loved him. But he does and he said so he even admitted it when he talked to me through the phone before we got to the warehouse even do he didn’t say it he said it in other words. And that made me happy and I know they are now happy with each other too. Edgar sure changed I noticed it yesterday he doesn’t have that mean frustrating look on his face he looks more relaxed and happy. Even do I didn’t get along with him very well, I forgave him and I get along with him now. I can just tell we are going to become good friends just like me and Uscher except we’re going to be dating.