Behind the Scenes

It’s been two months since I left the hospital and those months have been the best. We started the band I am lead singer along with Uscher, Uscher also plays bass and guitar sometimes, Edgar plays the drums and I sing and play the guitar or bass and sometimes the keyboard. I admit I was scared at first I hadn’t played those instruments in like two years and I hadn’t sang in a while as well but it was all good and on our first band practice we were a nice fit from the start. We were fooling around at first playing covers but it was fun and we realized we were good.

We call ourselves Behind The Scenes. I know lame name but it describes us pretty well. And by that I mean it doesn’t. We mostly play rock covers and some R&B and today we are playing a gig at our school. The Halloween dance. It’s going to rock and we are all a bit nervous but we are excited and matter fact we are on right now.

I grabbed the microphone and introduced us everyone applauded and whistled.  Then we all started playing and a few seconds later I started to sing a song by Tinie Tempah that song is called written in the stars. It’s a great song to us.

“Oh…Written in the stars a million miles away a message to the main ohh seasons come and go, but I will never change I’m on my way…” I sang proudly and I hit every note correctly then Uscher chimed in with the rap part.

“Let’s go, yeah, you’re listening now they say they ain’t heard nothing like this in a while that’s why they play my song on so different dials ‘cause I got more hits than a discipline child so when they see me everybody brrap, brraps man I’m like a young gun fully black barrack I cried tear drops over the massive attack….”

 We played five songs after that one and everybody loved it. The crowd was going wild they were applauding and yelling. It felt great it was like rewinding over our last five gigs this week. People liked us and we were proud we said thank you and we walked back stage. We all hugged.

I looked into Uscher’s eyes and they were bright and happy you were no longer able to see that pain that I saw when I met him. I am well too he has told me many times as well that I seem happier and relaxed that he couldn’t see the pain in my eyes. He said I was no longer afraid to show emotion that my heart has healed and I could tell too. I am able to trust people now especially Uscher and Edgar. Oh and before I forget Edgar and I well we are really close now not as close as Uscher and I but we are practically best friends. I’m glad we are do because all three of us make a great small family.