Happiness

“No one knows how you feel, no one there you’d like to see the day was dark and full of pain you write “help” with your own blood ‘cause hope is all you got you open your eyes but nothing changed I don’t want to cause you trouble don’t want to stay too long I just came here to say to you turn around….I am here….if you want…it’s me you’ll see doesn’t count…far or near I can hold you when you reach for me…” I sang to her even do she couldn’t hear me I felt the tears fall down my cheeks it has been a week since the accident almost two weeks actually. Her father was sound asleep by the window. I don’t know how he could sleep when his daughter is laying here unconscious. She hasn’t made any sign of coming out of the comma and it scares me. I am scared I don’t want her to die I want her here with me.

That day I met her that day I was ready to give up but when I turned around and saw her beautiful face I realized there was still some hope left for me. I noticed her eyes before anything else and that’s how I knew she was for me. I was able to see her past by just looking into her eyes it was full of pain and heartbreaks. But when we started to hang out I know when she looked into my eyes she saw the same thing and she felt that connection I also noticed that pain slightly fade away every time she smiled and laughed.

God I love her smile, I love her eyes and the way she laughs I would do anything to bring her back to see her smile again to watch her talk and talk. I would love to hear her voice.

Then while I held on to her hand I saw it shake and I quickly looked up to her eyes and she was smiling and then her eyes slowly opened. Oh god thanks! Am so happy to see those beautiful brown eyes.

“You know you have a beautiful voice we should start a band” she whispered with a smile.

I chuckled. “When we get out of here that’ll be the first thing we’ll do” I said looking at her eyes. Her father had woken up and he was smiling he walked to the door and called for the doctor then he ran back and held on to her other hand.

“Hi dad” said Rachel.

“Hi sweetheart. How you doing?” asked her father.

“I feel tired.” She looked around the room and I’m guessing she saw all the balloons, flowers and teddy bears Edgar, her father and I bought her because she smiled as she looked around. “Thank you” she said weakly. At that same time the doctor walked in.

“How you doing Rachel” asked the doctor smiling.

“Tired” she whispered.

“That’s normal” said the doctor.

He checked her heart beat and her blood pressure and said that if she does well for the rest of the day she might be able to come home tomorrow. She wasn’t so happy to hear that she wanted to go home now.

“How long have I been asleep?” she asked confused.

“Almost two weeks” said her father. She looked at us in shock but then she relaxed she held on to my hand and smiled.

Then she closed her eyes and fell asleep but this time I was glad because I knew she was going to wake back up in just a few hours. I was hungry as hell I haven’t eaten anything in days except coffee and drinking coffee isn’t the most healthy thing in the world so I decided to go down to the cafeteria where Edgar was having breakfast. When I got there I noticed Edgar and he already had a sandwich aside while he ate a plate of eggs and bread. I took a seat in front of him and took the sandwich.

“You sure you don’t want some eggs they are hell a good” said my brother.

“I can tell your eating them like there’s no tomorrow man relax they will still be on the plate a few seconds from now” I said with a smile while I took a bite of the sandwich. Wow its good it tasted like heaven. It has egg and bacon oh and cheese damn it’s good.

“Feeling humorous I see what she woke up” asked Edgar.

“Yeah right when I was starting to sing her a song” I said with another smile.

“What she say” asked Edgar looking at me.

“That we should start a band when she gets out of here” I said taking another bite from the sandwich.

“That’s great maybe we can get the band back together” said Edgar with a chuckle.

“Yeah because you would so show up for the gigs this time” I said with a scowl.

“Hey I was irresponsible back then ima take things serious from now on” said Edgar.

“Okay then let’s start a band” I said.