Regret

I covered my face with my hands and cried. I almost killed the only girl I ever loved and even do she is still alive she’s laying on a hospital bed in a comma because of me. And she might never wake up because of me. This is my entire fault I should’ve never searched for Lorenzo I should’ve just let her be if she wanted me back she would have said so but I had to go and ruin everything. I could’ve looked before I pulled the trigger but I didn’t. I could have done so many things differently and yet I didn’t.

I let my anger get the best of me and look where I am now. Here in a hospital room looking at my unconscious girlfriend. I moved my chair next to her and I held her hand, it was cold and dry. I kissed it and hoped she woke up soon. Then I saw Edgar walk in with two cups of coffee and I rolled my eyes. It’s been two days since the accident and I haven’t slept a thing I can tell I probably had black shadows under my eyes but I didn’t care I will never sleep until I see her beautiful brown eyes.

“Here” said Edgar handing me a cup of coffee.

“Thanks” I said to my brother.

“Look she’s going to be fine just have some faith” said Edgar.

“I know. She has to be fine” I whispered. I took a sip out of my coffee and lowered my head.

“Hey Lorenzo said he was the one who shot her. The police locked him up his going on trial in a couple of days” said Edgar.

“What” I said confused. I lifted my head and looked at my brother with confusion but he looked right back at me serious and I knew he was telling me the truth then I just lowered my head back down and we drank our coffee in silence.

Both of us have been staying here for the last two days hoping she will wake. This morning the doctor said we couldn’t stay here past visiting hours but I had to pay him off. I offered him a thousand dollars and he sure said yes pretty quickly.

“How is she?” asked a man.

“Who are you?” I asked standing up from my chair.

“I’m her father who are you” he asked. I hear the anger in his voice and I looked at him and I saw the resemblance they had the same hair and eyes. 

“I’m her boyfriend” I said in disgust. How dare I even call myself her boyfriend when I was the one that got her here in the first place if it wasn’t for me she wouldn’t be here. Maybe she would be at home watching a movie or listening to music totally fine.

“She didn’t mention a boyfriend” he said looking down at me.

“That’s because your never home” I whispered with a hint of anger. I believe he heard me because he just stared at me and I saw he became angry. But he didn’t say anything and he walked to the side of the bed and stood next to his daughter.

I sat back down and held on to her hand I kissed it and stared at her father. She looked just like her father but they sure didn’t act the same she must have gotten her attitude from her mother then.

I moved my attention to her and I stared at her pale face. She lost color she was no longer that perfect tan color but she was pale now and her lips were all dry and chopped. She looked lifeless. And that was when the tears came back and I saw her father look at me in confusion and then he realized what was going on. He moved by my side and rubbed my back. I felt terrible if he knew that it was me who put his daughter in this situation he would be killing me not trying to make me calm down and relax.