Prologue

I shut my eyes, preventing myself from crying as I finished the book's last chapter.

A year ago, as I was strolling around town, I saw a small bookshop and decided to enter to only look around. But then I saw this book with an interesting cover, gathering dust on a shelf placed in the corner of the shop.  It was called "The Sun's Empress."

The novel revolves around a noble named Adelia Pennington, a bright young girl who captured the heart of the Sunnivan prince, Alaric Soliel. Alaric is the sun that brought light to the Sunnivan Empire, and Adelia is his empress, the mother of his empire. It's mostly about how Alaric became the King of the Sunnivan Empire after overcoming obstacles and how Adelia helped him become one.

After reading, I immediately researched the novel.

"The Sun's Empress" was a famous romantic fantasy novel online before. It came out of nowhere, rose to the top, and sat on the top spot of every popular reading site. It was an online sensation and got people from around the globe hooked on the storyline.

However, it was never published into a book. Apparently, the author declined all publishing offers for reasons no one knows. Then, after finishing "The Sun's Empress," she never wrote another story and vanished into thin air. She left the readers wanting for more. They bombarded her social media accounts which she deactivated later on. No one knew who the author was. Apart from gender orientation, she didn't reveal anything about herself. Then, years passed, and her novel was forgotten entirely.

Most of the articles on the internet were dated back 10 years ago. And the sites where one can read the novels have already stopped functioning, or those still present have deleted the book, so there's no way for people to read it. And I am a lucky individual who happened to find this flash drive containing the whole novel.

I sighed and removed my glasses. I don't know if I'm feeling sad because the novel won't get a sequel, because I can't extend my gratitude to the author for writing a masterpiece, or because I found a book instead of a piece of evidence. But, whatever the reason, one thing I know is I was moved by the story.

I closed my laptop and went to bed after.

But little did I know that one day I would die, and I would be transmigrated into the novel, into the body of the supporting character, Henrietta Eloise Lovell.